$.50 NLHE STT: AJo from BB - Is this line optimal or am I playing scared?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

CO (t1,320)
Hero (Button) (t1,635)
SB (t1,805)
BB (t1,530)
UTG (t1,440)
UTG+1 (t880)
MP1 (t1,365)
MP2 (t1,465)
MP3 (t2,060)

Hero's M: 27.25

Preflop: Hero is Button with A
spade.gif
, J
heart.gif

UTG raises to t96, UTG+1 calls t96, 4 folds, Hero calls t96, 2 folds

Flop: (t348) 4
heart.gif
, K
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t160, UTG calls t160, 1 fold

Turn: (t668) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (t668) A
heart.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Total pot: t668

Results below:
Hero had A
spade.gif
, J
heart.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings).
UTG had J
spade.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(two pair, Kings and Jacks).
Outcome: Hero won t668

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the flop bet. We are forced to fold against a c/r. I like checking behind the flop. It is worth noting that this hand is played poorly by UTG, but I suppose that has to do with the buyin. As played I don't expect much to call this river and you rep a lot of big hands by betting, so checking for showdown and to protect against a river c/r is ok, I don't mind the river check.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check back flop and for sure given how passive villain has been I'm betting river for some thin value here. It's very likely we always have the best hand here and it looks like villain has some show down value and I think villain nearly always has a pocket pair here with even a hand as strong as TT-QQ which might call a small river bet.

You don't need to bet big I'd bet actually bet quite small, I'd got for like 1/4 pot here because he's going to struggle to call anything more than that but I think we're missing out on value here.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Guys...I bet the flop with a plan to fold to a check raise as I thought at least one of the villains had a K. And what what do we do to a C/R in the river to our value bet? call down?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are value betting river, it's a fold if he c/r.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in flop check, u bet vs 2 villain UTG, only with A high, this bad idea, though it 50с opponets not have wide range in this position , u always get call vs all pairs, AJ+.KJ+

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played, I think there's a decent chance you can get a second street of value by betting the river. Sure, UTG could have checked three times with trip kings, but it also wasn't unreasonable to c/r the flop or to bet the turn and/or the river.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold preflop

as played i'd probably bet the flop smaller to around 130.

i'd be value betting the river to around 190ish here.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding pre is very nitty and I think that would be a mistake. Yeah UTG probably has a narrow range, but AJ is too strong and we are in position.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we should be nitty at times, this is a stt.

The biggest problem here is that it's a multiway pot, and we're never happy with our hand postflop. what do we do when the ace flops and we get action from ep players?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we should be nitty at times, this is a stt.

The biggest problem here is that it's a multiway pot, and we're never happy with our hand postflop. what do we do when the ace flops and we get action from ep players?

Lol, depends.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blinds are 20 / 40 so it's an initial phase of a STT, we are in the early game. The hero is on the button but the vilain does a raise from UTG showing that his hand is strong. I can put hands like JJ+, AJ+, in his range. Another player does a call too, so I prefer to fold AJo and watch what is the hand that the player on UTG is playing. AJ is not so good against JJ+, AJ+.

But you did a call and the vilain a check-call on the flop.

I believe most beginners players are loose passive, so I prefer do a check in this fllop and if don't appears a draw on the turn I can bet around 3/4 pot. (If I had the king)

If a draw hits on the river I can do check-fold.

I don't know what is his hand but I believe is Ace suited (AJs+), or Pocket Pairs (JJ+) because he did a check-call on the flop.

Last edited: