$50 NLHE MTT Turbo: Standard or stupid?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament: 40 man live - $50 buy in - 12 people left - Blinds @ $400-$800
Table: 6 handed, everyone playing very tight and cautious. Hero image even tighter - had not played a hand since beginning of $200-$400 blinds.

Seat 1: (8,100 in chips)
Seat 2: (4,300 in chips)
Seat 3: (1,100 in chips)
Seat 4: (9,600 in chips)
Seat 5 SB: (6,800 in chips)
Seat 6 BB: (8,400 in chips) Hero

Seat 5: posts small blind $400
Seat 6: posts big blind $800

Dealt to Seat 6 Hero [Ac,Kd]
Seat 1: calls $800
Seat 2: folds
Seat 3::$1100 All In
Seat 4:: folds
Seat 5 SB: Call $1100
Seat 6 BB:[Ac,Kd] ?????

$3800 in the pot and approaching final table bubble - whatcha gunna do?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoving here all day long. SB could have anything as he only has to get thru you to get into a big pot for cheap. The UTG limp can be a monster but with our stack size I don't see any other option than to ship it in.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship it, we're not trying to min-cash.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep em coming please - even if it's more of the same....

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pushing to iso all-in.
With UTG limping, I could see this as a coin-flip if he calls but if your image is as tight as you say and the table has noticed this, UTG is not calling your all-in with nothing less than QQ+, maybe AQ+ if he's a little looser.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Shinedown - thank you for noticing.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay I shoved without much second thought. I was and still am very comfortable with that move. Walked away from the table happy I played well (UTG had KK - WTF - lol).

As was said by graf I was not interested in a min-cash - I was going in to dominate and needed to make an assertive move to go to the final table with some ammo and not just hopes and wishes with my 5BB.

I posted this cause a buddy couldn't understand why I wouldn't just complete and get out when I missed the flop. Mostly his question comes from the fact he knows I am very capable of laying down big hands and has seen me do it (correctly I might add).

But hell - later stage of tourney - blinds about to go to $500-$1000 (and $1000-$2000 is after that) and I am just about to go under 10BB. Pretty clear to me.

Found out later that he has never adjusted AK value for tourney play. if anyone knows of any links or videos regarding that he would like me to share those with him.

Thanks everyone.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than standard to shove, if you ever considered folding it would be bad. The only time you could ever fold is on a satty where you're highly probable to winning a seat.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I didn't even have a question that was the best move and was very surprised my buddy gave me crap about it.

He was thinking of the time I laid it down once with 6 left (pays 4) at final table and 3 guys shoved in front of me and I was the chip leader and threw it in to let them bust the bubble - TOTALLY different situation.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fake tank jam. loving life really in that spot

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I didn't even have a question that was the best move and was very surprised my buddy gave me crap about it.

He was thinking of the time I laid it down once with 6 left (pays 4) at final table and 3 guys shoved in front of me and I was the chip leader and threw it in to let them bust the bubble - TOTALLY different situation.

depending on their stack sizes and you chip lead/stack depth, i usually dont fold AK here

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on their stack sizes and you chip lead/stack depth, i usually dont fold AK here

Like you said - it really depends on their stack sizes which was a huge factor in my consideration. I was last to act so like a jackass I flipped them over and one other guy (who folded) came unglued because I didn't go after them.
Screw that - I'm not putting half my stack up versus 3 other hands with AKo (39%) especially when one or two or all of them probably have half of my outs countered. I ended up finishing second to the guy who took that pot down with his KK.
But that hand has already been discussed in here - let's not rehash ;)

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a bit late but I shove. He's obviously shipping it with a large range here and if we can isolate we get lots of equity. Based on your analysis (bubble, tight) they're not calling with anything except premiums, and they would have raised premiums.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fist pump call!! And berate the SB when he calls with K10o and flops broadway.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see getting away from this if you have any sort of decent history at all with player UTG. He's 10bb deep, if you know hes good (thinking probably a better word) and hes limping there its QQ+.