$50 NLHE MTT Turbo: Final table big 3 way pot

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll preface by saying this hand is with primarily live players that we play together online due to COVID.

7 players, blinds 800/1600 with 160 ante. Hero UTG with 60,000...Button 40,000...SB 30,000. I act first UTG with JT hearts and raise to 4000. Button and SB call. Flop is Ah, Jd, 5h. SB checks, I check, Button bets 9,000, SB jams for 26,000. I decide to overjam allin. Thoughts on the hand in general and especially flop action.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand very well. I like your decision to check the flop, because with your specific hand I dont think, betting accomplish anything. They will rarely fold a better hand, and they will also rarely call with worse. In top of that there are no turn cards, that are really bad for you. Even an offsuit K or Q is not a disaster, since it will give you a gutshot draw. When the action explodes behind you, I think, you have to stick it in. There are a few scenarios, that are really bad for you like being against someone with 55 and someone with KQ of hearts. But overall this is going to be a profitable stack off for sure.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thought was check-raise, probably check-jam on the flop. It just got really weird with the small blind check-jamming before I had the chance and eliminating all fold equity. And 55/AJ were both very reasonable hands to make that play with. Small blind had AT and button ended up folding AQ or so they said. The ten kinda sucked because I lost outs, but I did hit the heart on the turn.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, you played the hand very well. Although who knows.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it perfectly. Also the fact that you had 2x more chips than SB, makes your hand impossible to fold after flop. I liked the check after flop, I would have done the same. Nice one