$.50 NLHE MTT: JJ facing Over bet shove on Dry flop

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seriously hate this hand...Am I good enough to call here? I mean it's so early that I know players will spaze with weaker holdings on these types of flops (I have no reads at all, except for the other player that calls is a Total Maniac)...Did I make the correct fold here, I think I personally did, but I mean could he ever show up with 10s/8s? What do you all think

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB (t1500)
UTG (t1490)
UTG+1 (t3440)
Hero (MP1) (t1380)
MP2 (t1920)
CO (t2710)
Button (t3310)
SB (t1190)

Hero's M: 30.67

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif

UTG calls t30, 1 fold, Hero bets t90, 2 folds, Button calls t90, SB raises to t270, 2 folds, Hero calls t180, Button calls t180

Flop: (t870) Q
spade.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t920 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: t870

Results:
SB didn't show
Outcome: SB won t870

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove or fold preflop. Probably shoving it.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove or fold preflop. Probably shoving it.

I guess your correct in saying this but is calling really that awful with this hand? I mean if I shoved (Which I was thinking of), I figure only hands that crush me call, also I thought they would'nt spaz out on flops that don't help them out at all..

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess your correct in saying this but is calling really that awful with this hand? I mean if I shoved (Which I was thinking of), I figure only hands that crush me call, also I thought they would'nt spaz out on flops that don't help them out at all..

Shove pre. Calling is pretty awful. $0.50 BI so we completely crush villians range. Some people spaz out and call all in with shit like A3o. We're a decent bit ahead of AQ AK, flipping if they're suited. We fear 3 hands out of 221 and at this level he probably calls with top 10% of his range (wouldn't be surprised if some call around 20%). So we're so far ahead of what will call us it shouldn't even need thinking about.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I'd call. You have to be aware that he's going to do this on any flop and that's not scary enough to fold to a PSB.
Should definitely shove or fold pre based on how tight he is.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It is if your going to fold on flops like this.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove pre ainec, we have jacks weeeee get it in

or fold if hes an abso nit