R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Global Milion Day 1

Preflop

Hi opens 2,2 bb, Bu all in 0,7bb, sb calls (40bb stack), hero (87bb, Big stack), QsTd calls,

Flop 4c 9d Qd (8.1bb)

3x checks, (Do you wonder leading here, when one player is on all in?)

Turn 4c 9d Qd 8s (8,1bb)

Sb bets 5,7bb, hero calls, Hi jack folds,

River 4c 9d Qd 8s Th (19,4bb)

Sb all in 32,7bb, hero?

We got top two pair, every jack beats us. His line is very strong, overbet on river, but what does he represent, after big bet on turn? Do you think about calling? No reads.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Global Milion Day 1

Preflop

Hi opens 2,2 bb, Bu all in 0,7bb, sb calls (40bb stack), hero (87bb, Big stack), QsTd calls,

Flop 4c 9d Qd (8.1bb)

3x checks, (Do you wonder leading here, when one player is on all in?)

Turn 4c 9d Qd 8s (8,1bb)

Sb bets 5,7bb, hero calls, Hi jack folds,

River 4c 9d Qd 8s Th (19,4bb)

Sb all in 32,7bb, hero?

We got top two pair, every jack beats us. His line is very strong, overbet on river, but what does he represent, after big bet on turn? Do you think about calling? No reads.

Thank you for posting.

Yes leading is a good idea as free cards put us into a world of trouble as we saw here. So when we lead it will most often be a made hand-sets possible- so our V will play honestly most often.
We are bet folding this flop lead to any large sizing raises. Why? Better hands and big combo draws are attacking here and we can fold to that range.

A good study point is to build a bluff range for the SB.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
We can have a leading range here, because C-betting frequenzy will be lower in a multiway pot and even more so, when a successfull bluff will only take down the side pot. However we do have kicker issues, so checking for pot control seems totally fine to me.

Turn
As played easy call. Folding would be way to tight and raising an overplay.

River
Kind of gross spot. Its probably fair to say, that this line is a J or nothing, or maybe even KJ or nothing. I mainly play micro and low stakes tournaments, and my absolute default is to fold in situations like these. This is because, I think, the vast majority of opponents are underbluffing with this line, but that might be different in a 50$ MTT.

So if you think, this could actually be an overbluffed line, or that the opponent might be perfectly balanced, then you need to determine, if you are defending enough, if you only call with JX, which is obviously the best hand to call with other than KJ, which is the nuts. This is the concept of MDF, which with this sizing means calling around 35% of the time.

Assuming that you need to find more hands than just JX to call with, then the next question is blockers. And for me the best blocker here would be to have a K, because that would block KJ. So in theory at least hands like KQ or even KT should be put in the calling range before QT.

Obviously I dont know, how you construct your range, but given that you dont even have the relevant blocker, and you should have a fair amount of JX yourself, this is probably still a fold, even if your opponent is capable of showing up with bluffs. Yeah you have top two, but an awfull lot of other hands have you beat on this board.

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
standard play according to the book

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for input everybody. For me it was J or nothing, flushdraw missed, so I decided to call. Showed KJo

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for input everybody. For me it was J or nothing, flushdraw missed, so I decided to call. Showed KJo

Not at all surpriced it was KJ. If the oppenent took this sizing with just a J, he might occationally get hero called by two pair, as in fact he did. But at lot of the time, when he get action, he is either chopping or beat. So with just a J this sizing would almost be an overplay.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A common strategy error we have when we are building our skills is to believe that our Villains are capable of big bluffs. This is so seldom nuts or nothing because we too can have made a straight so this bet is 90% or more value not bluff.
What that means is we have to fold even to their bluffs as we cannot make ROI by calling if the value to bluff ratio is 90/10 It may even just be 100% value due to the sizing and board.

Daniel Negreanu once said "I am not calling for my stack thinking a guy I do not know is capable of bluffing."

If you fold and it was a bluff you did not make an error you just did not have enough data to make a better choice.

Last point. Staying alive in a tournament means we keep getting to use our skill advantage so we can fold this spot easily.

Hope this helps
:):):)