€50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Opinion on live play please

S

Slotts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there, my first post after busting out of a live event and would like opinions on how I played the hand and how maybe I should have :rolleyes:
My stack was around 22k blinds were 600/1200 with a 100 running ante. Right here goes - player 1 UTG (good player) limps the 1200bb folded to me UTG + 3 I have 10/10 was a little worried by the limp as he not done this before so decided to call, folded round to button who makes it 7.6k(another good player) the guy UTG folds action back on me!! Conservative play just fold / agressive play go all-in and silly play just call!(unless i push all-in on just about any flop) Gave it some thought and decided he could be squeezing worse hands and his overall range was AK down to maybe A8 maybe 55 66 77 88 99 plus the 4 hands that have me crushed!! Didnt think he was on total air but decided to shove as I had under rep. my hand and had a good table image and thought I could possibly get a fold from smaller pairs and week A`s but that was probably a bit optimistic. He called with AQ hearts. . . . low flop Q hit turn OUT! Obviously having seen the two hands the call and shove most flops may have worked but hindsight is a wonderful thing! :p Should I be happy to be racing at that point as 53% fav ? Or have I overplayed my hand in relation to blinds? I was annoyed with myself after the hand as I had played well and quite tight upto that point and thought I could have found a better than 53% spot had I waited :confused: Opinions greatly appreciated
Slotts :)

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly you should provide more information : how many players left , chip average , stack of players ( especially stack of reraiser )?
Personally with 18 bb im in shove or fold mode , and with pocket 10s shipping it , with a limper , yes limper could be setting a trap with AA but what are you going to do if you get 8 3 2 flop for instance ? how about 7 3 k ? too many decisions and not deap enough for small ball, easy game shove.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after your oponent commited 7.5k into the pot you dont have all that much fold equity (but depends on his stack size ) as hes priced in to call with haslf decent holding which u put him on as you say hes not doing it with air. And why you want him to fold A small anyway your in front ?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-- good players don't limp UTG late in tournaments
-- posting a bustout hand you lost on a flip is pretty much a bad beat thread

Shove over limp when it gets to you.

Organize a Home Poker Game