$50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: AKs on the bubble of turney

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize for not being able to use the converter because the poker room keeps a text history of hands on the server.
I am attaching a video. Recommended to see in full size.
So, Tournament bubble for $ 50. A total of 750 entrances.Itm zone to 9 places. We are in the big blind with AK suited. We have roughly an average stack of 133,000 chips or 22 bb. Blindes are 3000 and 6000. Aggressive table chip leader puts pre-flop all-in from the button. Question. Was my call correct?

Attachments

• bandicam 2020-05-19 12-45-27-944.avi
    7.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct all day long even w/o looking at the hand. Especially if he has been pushing hard since close to the bubble.

BTN is pretty much doing what he should be doing if both blinds are sitting w/~20bb effective. He's taking all the decision making out of his hands and making the blinds make the decision of, "Is my hand worth calling?". Instead of him putting in his regular PF raise price and then having to make the decision if his cards are worth making the call if one of the blinds shove on him.

Last edited:
Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely the correct call - plug the hand into any icm analysis program and you will see AKs is a call off here. We can play extremely tight on the bubble but we also can only play but so tight and folding monster hands is a bigger mistake than calling off too light. We don't want to bubble but at the same time we want to set ourselves up for a much deeper run than a min cash if possible.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was he shoving? N even less important as we don't want to be results oriented here.

Only asking because I don't have the right stuff downloaded to see the hand.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was he shoving? N even less important as we don't want to be results oriented here.

Only asking because I don't have the right stuff downloaded to see the hand.

He showed 5 7 offsuit and gathered street on the river ...