$.50 NLHE MTT: $50c NLHE MTT: should i call this all-in

R

ryan95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
early in a 45-player sng mtt, im in late position with A-K not suited, player in early position raises, everyone folds to me and i reraise than everybody folds to reraiser and he goes all-in, should i call him all-in

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
early in a 45-player sng mtt, im in late position with A-K not suited, player in early position raises, everyone folds to me and i reraise than everybody folds to reraiser and he goes all-in, should i call him all-in

With AKo in late position and a raiser in front I would just call if it wasn't too high and see the flop, then be ready to fold if I didn't connect and the villain bets. Since you got 3-bet I would put the villain on a high pair possibly and you're a huge underdog to those kinds of hands. AK is a great hand to get busted out of a tournament with.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's up to you - but just understand you are very likely behind and at best in a coin flip situation (looking at probably TT - AA and maybe AQ - AK).

I've done both at different times. For .50 I am more likely to take the shot, but probably folding for $5 and above.

But either way I am making a note on this guy and figure out if he's a loose cannon I can exploit or was playing me as the loose, crazy one.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a turbo? Why 3betting if you are going to fold vs 4bet?

So if you are 3betting him you can imo never fold AK anymore if he is 4betting you. So I would have snapped him.

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 cent tournament. I've seen people shoving with 6 J in these. So snap call and be happy.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If opponent is loose you should call, if he is tight you can fold, but it is hard situation when you have to fold AKo. I also think that in 50 cent tournament you should call.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If opponent is loose you should call, if he is tight you can fold, but it is hard situation when you have to fold AKo. I also think that in 50 cent tournament you should call.

If he is really tight and you would be scared if he is 4betting you, it's better to just call and not 3bet the AK preflop in position and just go on postflop from there.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 cent tournament. I've seen people shoving with 6 J in these. So snap call and be happy.
And what percentage of the time do people take these actions and then show down rags? I've seen it happen too, but it still seems very optimistic to factor such holdings into an opponent's range unless you have further information / indicators to go on. Plus even when he does have rags, you're only about 2:1. And when he has the kind of range he's repping, you're tied vs AK, slightly behind vs a high underpair or way behind vs AA and KK. Not a great time to snap call for your tournament life, especially considering the meta-factor that at this level, you'll probably get chances to get your chips in better.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't ever be unhappy about getting in AK in a 50c 45man game even if 4bet shoved on imo. Objective; chip accumulation. You have a great hand; just go with it. You will find people happy stacking of a lot worse in these spots, any pairs, any Ax..I think it's by far a fine call. Also' we're only a huge dog vs AA, which of course is less likely given we have an Ace.

Last edited:

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sur u call if not why 3 betting ? the 3 bet is a value .

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call all day everyday. Only 2 hands have you dominated and against KK, you still have 30% equity. If its a flip its a flip. If he turn up AA or KK, well that sucks.
I don't play small player pool MTTs though so I don't know if waiting for a better spot is more +EV but in big MTTs with no info on opponent, I'll take my chances and suck out or go home if he does show up AA/KK. Especially since we already put in.. whatever you 3b

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am calling with AK this bet even if he is a tight player. You are dominated by just two hands and it is a coin flip against pocket pairs. I think it is a shot worth taking against one opponent.