£5 NLHE STT Turbo: Hit trips in a multiway hand - flop decision

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I'd really like some feedback on this hand as I played it last night and got some gentle constructive criticism (Perfectly fine in my book - I'm learning) on the way I played it.

My image at the table was not tight, but neither was it loose. I play this live tournament every week so it's the same people week by week, they know my weaknesses and I know theirs... I'd also just lost a mildly big hand when my flush didn't come off so some players may have thought me 'on tilt'

I'd like to know what everyone would do on the flop if you hit trips in a multiway hand. Once I'd seen my trips I was intending a check-raise or a check-shove (I check-shoved), but are there other actions I should have been considering here?

Stats/info:
BB - is a tight aggressive and was first in the league last season
UTG - is a tight aggressive and was second in the league last season
MP - is a mild-fish (Knows when to quit mostly)
CO - is a passive calling station

Live Tournament - Turbo structure (15min blinds) Level 2 50/100
Seat 1: Button ($1500)
Seat 2: Hero (SB) ($1200)
Seat 3: BB ($1800)
Seat 4: UTG ($3000)
Seat 5: UTG+1 ($2250)
Seat 6: MP ($2000)
Seat 7: CO ($2250)
Hero posts the small blind of $50
Seat 3 posts the big blind of $100
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Qs 4d]
UTG calls $100
UTG+1 folds
MP calls $100
CO folds
Button calls $100
Hero calls $50
BB checks
*** FLOP *** [7c 4h 4s]
Hero checks
BB bets $200
UTG calls $200
MP calls $200
Button calls $200
Hero ???

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played check raise all in is IMO your only option.

I don't really like your complete preflop in the SB, but it probably isn't horrible.

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback - can I ask some further questions? Are we saying fold or a different action pre-flop because there are so many people in the hand already before it gets to me and therefore my Q4o is no good against their range? I only completed as I thought if I hit 2 pair or trips I can try and milk this for everything it's worth - is that the wrong line of thinking in this spot? Reason I ask is I've folded my SB in similar spots and got some criticism back along the lines of "you might as well see a cheap flop!?" Many thanks, Sparky

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold preflop. Q4 off is to big of a gap to hit any drawing hands. What happens when we don't hit the board, we lose 100 chips instead of 50 chips!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands