MP: 59.83 BB
CO: 51.17 BB
BTN: 9.17 BB
SB: 63.83 BB
BB: 63.83 BB
Hero (UTG): 52.17 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :qd4::qs4:

Hero raises to 2.67 BB, MP raises to 7.23 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 52.17 BB and is all-in, MP calls 44.93 BB

That's the spot. Unfortunately, we're in the informational vacuum here. Only 5 hands with that villain played. I want to hear your opinions and options to play that hand. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I though that was a SNG, but is a STT. so I think you can call this 3bet and see the flop
if the flop comes with low cards, you can be ahead of villain range, and win that hand
the blinds are only 15/30 no ante, if you call and A or K hit in the flop and you eventualy fold
you still in the game with a good 1.340 chips
I think all-in is overplayed, because most of the time you will see villain call with AA,KK, AK or a Ax (ace in 6max is powerful)
and in the long run is not so good

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I though that was a SNG, but is a STT. so I think you can call this 3bet and see the flop
if the flop comes with low cards, you can be ahead of villain range, and win that hand
the blinds are only 15/30 no ante, if you call and A or K hit in the flop and you eventualy fold
you still in the game with a good 1.340 chips
I think all-in is overplayed, because most of the time you will see villain call with AA,KK, AK or a Ax (ace in 6max is powerful)
and in the long run is not so good
Hmm, what do you mean was it SNG or STT. Ain't it the same thing? SNG = Sit and Go, STT = Single-Table Tournament, which is the same. :)
Well, my thoughts were: I didn't want to call, as then I probably had to give up my hand on any Ace or King, as they likely in his 3-betting range. Being out of position then too. 4-bet for x2.5 could be an option too, but then again I thought what I gonna do in 4-betted pot, if comes K or A and I'm out of position... So I just jammed and hoped, that he thinks AK, AQ, AJs or even JJ, TT, 99 can be good for calling on 6max turbo table. However maybe it was too early for jam, tho.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a harder spot than it seems because once we get 3 bet I really don't like any options that we have. Folding is out of the question, calling leaves us a tough spot as an Ace or king will flop a decent amount of the time, 4 betting to something like 17 BB is an option but same issue if they call and if they 5 bet jam then what are we doing? (I guess fold at that point), and jamming will get villain to fold out his hands like JJ, 1010, and AQ which we want to stay in the hand. Nothing seems to be a great scenario.

Of the above choices I think what we have to do is eliminate the moves we feel are worst so that next time this spot comes up we can be ready. I believe the worst move is 4 betting in the 17 BB size range (deeper stacks and this is a decent option). I think this is either a call or a jam as you did. Jamming I think is not as good as calling since as mentioned we are letting villain off the hook to easily on hands we want him in and the AA KK he could have will snap call and we are gone 80% of the time.

Calling does not leave us in a beautiful spot either but it gives us options post flop. We dont always have to fold to an ace or king when it flops depending on villains sizing. We can of course fold if we choose when it does and the time we are ahead we will get max value. Crappy spot to call but I think it seems best in these spots.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hmm, what do you mean was it SNG or STT. Ain't it the same thing? SNG = Sit and Go, STT = Single-Table Tournament, which is the same. :)
Well, my thoughts were: I didn't want to call, as then I probably had to give up my hand on any Ace or King, as they likely in his 3-betting range. Being out of position then too. 4-bet for x2.5 could be an option too, but then again I thought what I gonna do in 4-betted pot, if comes K or A and I'm out of position... So I just jammed and hoped, that he thinks AK, AQ, AJs or even JJ, TT, 99 can be good for calling on 6max turbo table. However maybe it was too early for jam, tho.

for me is:
STT (Single-Table Tournament) is - 1 unike table, with 6 to 9 max players, same stucture regardless of the buy-in, the best 2 or 3, will earn the prize pool

SNG (Sit and Go) - multi-tables that may have 12, 18, 24, 27, 36, 45, 90, 180, 360, 990 players, can had diferents structures and prize pool, sometimes if is a satelite, will have a late registration period

per example - the $0.25 90 players SNG of pokerstars, had 15 minutes blind stucture, and the $0.25 45 players is only 10 minutes

afterall, what hand MP villain had? AA, KK?

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will never be mistake, because opponent in most of cases will call with AK. But you can play 4bet 15-18bb and call his all-in.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your opinions and points of view on that, that really helps! :icon_thum
for me is:
STT (Single-Table Tournament) is - 1 unike table, with 6 to 9 max players, same stucture regardless of the buy-in, the best 2 or 3, will earn the prize pool

SNG (Sit and Go) - multi-tables that may have 12, 18, 24, 27, 36, 45, 90, 180, 360, 990 players, can had diferents structures and prize pool, sometimes if is a satelite, will have a late registration period

per example - the $0.25 90 players SNG of Pokerstars, had 15 minutes blind stucture, and the $0.25 45 players is only 10 minutes

afterall, what hand MP villain had? AA, KK?

Alright, I got you. For me, those are MSNG (Multi-table SNG), but the main thing we understood each other. ;)