D

dungz84

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NL HE STT: QQ on the button facing Reraise on flop

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 29/10/20

Is this really an easy decision for me ?
I need help on these type of hands cause maybe I have a leak in my game I believe.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 80/160 Blinds (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6550)
BB (t2270)
Hero (Button) (t4680)

Hero's M: 19.50

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif

Hero bets t480, SB calls t400, BB calls t320

Flop: (t1440) 4
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t800, SB raises to t1760, Hero ???

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A read helps alot here. Is SB a TAG? A TAG player may check-raise an ace-high flush draw here. A set is possible but unlikely because he would often just call with a set. Only other hand that would worry me would be slow-played aces.

You can't fold here, so the question is whether you call or raise/shove. I think I would call here, and then see what villain does on turn. If player is real tight and doesn't usually bet unless they have it, then be weary of that. You have position so if he shoves turn, you can still release. But you really crush most hands that would call a PF raise, and considering villain's stack, he may just be trying to push you around. AT, JJ, and Ax of hearts could all make this play. If he has aces, it sucks, but that's where the read comes in to play.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be way ahead of his range here it's interesting he chose to check-raise though he could be a on flush draw. I would get it in here because if the turn bring's any heart or seven, jack it's tough to know where your at in the hand here.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why doesn't villain shove.. & instead just choose to basically minraise ya? This is often a bluff, hoping you'll be scared to play back at them in this spot... BUT.. is also sometimes a set, looking for action (although I'd assume less likely in this spot because of it being a two-tone flop... you think he'd price out any draws).
No way he's on a bigger pr. (no reraise pre).
Pretty sure I just shove it in here. He wakes up with set in this spot... oh well.. 'gg'

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He's also expecting you to lead out w miss'd hands probably too (AK AQ).. although personally I'd check it back with those hands in position.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise smaller preflop..

Get it in on the flop always..

Don't flat call whatever you do, were not folding if the flush/straight hits anyways so why not get it in now? If the heart does hit, we may loose action from loads of hands were crushing, and since he flatted preflop we cant expect KK or AA ever..

D

dungz84

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the +EV move here is to shove it right?
Is it possible for him to have AT, KT, A8, 99, 77, 66 and wants to know where he is at ?
T8, T4 is out of the question he wasn't that loose.

Wizzim I usualy change to a x2.5 at these blind levels but I didn't at that point and I couldn't change it at this hand.
I also believe it wouldn't make any difference.

Thanks everyone for their insight.

Last edited: