$5 NLHE STT: Middle pair on the bubble

Eng

Eng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NL HE STT: Middle pair on the bubble

This was a live game. Me and a couple of friends.

The structure:
6-handed turbo sit & go (with the blinds going up real quickly)
1st place takes $25
Second place gets his buy-in back. That is $5

The situation:
It was 3-handed at the time

The dealer was the big stack bully
The small blind was the short stack
I was the medium-small stack in the BB

The dealer raised to about 20% of my stack, that is about 4 times the BB

Small blind folds

I have 6c6s...

By going all-in it would be probably a coinflip, and there was only 1 player left to the money
By calling there would be a lot of pressure on me, since the dealer was the big stack bully
I decided to fold, 'cause I was out of position...

What you guys think? Was it a good lay down?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably need some stack sizes and blind levels. Looks like a fold but without that missing info it's a bit hard. Since the payouts heavily favour first place, we can probably widen our range up and take more risks, since we want all the chips we're not as concerned about bubbling. And if his range is super wide, we can shove over him much wider

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had 20BB to start? Not knowing exactly the Buttons stack size I still think we have some fold equity here.

I think shoving is not terrible here

I think folding is not terrible here

I think calling is very terrible here

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think shoving is not terrible here

I think folding is not terrible here

I think calling is very terrible here

This.

But I would quite strongly lean to a shove here, as we're ahead of a good part of his range. Especially since it's 3-handed and he's been a bully all this time.
You're going to have to take a risk against him eventually cause 2nd place isn't really good enough in this SnG.
He will often fold and even if he calls you are only a real dog against 8 hands (77-AA).
If you let him drain the small stack while you lose more blinds along the way, you will have very little chance heads-up against the v.
Your shove has a great chance to pick up a decent pot now, and a decent chance to pick up a great pot if he calls.