$5 NLHE MTT: Should I just be 28blind shoving this hand?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I had was his stats, which was 17/9..

After he opens and I 3bet (which surely shows strength) basically has me committed when he shoves...(which he didn't?) Anyway, did I try playing this far to tricky for what it was worth? Should I jsut of 3bet shoved 28blinds?

Once the flop scomes down, it's not the best in the world, it has me worried like in all honestly what is flatting here and not shoving? KK+ / A,K?

So when this flop comes and I check, which he then checks back himself I expect he might have the nuts (A,K,K,Q,K,J or possibly an under pair which I wrote off because surely he ships PF and only slow plays a monster?) Anyway, I elected I'm committed so expect to be behind when I shove but was never expecting a flat call PF anyway.

Basically I want to know should I just shoved this rather playing tricky?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t2850)
BB (t2600)
UTG (t5520)
UTG+1 (t14763)
MP1 (t3455)
MP2 (t5742)
MP3 (t2700)
CO (t7458)
Button (t2736)

Hero's M: 19.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
spade.gif
, J
diamond.gif

2 folds, MP1 bets t320, 4 folds, Hero raises to t1100, 1 fold, MP1 calls t780

Flop: (t2300) K
club.gif
, K
spade.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks

Turn: (t2300) 8
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t1750 (All-In), MP1 calls t1750

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once the flop scomes down, it's not the best in the world, it has me worried like in all honestly what is flatting here and not shoving? KK+ / A,K?

So when this flop comes and I check, which he then checks back himself I expect he might have the nuts (A,K,K,Q,K,J or possibly an under pair which I wrote off because surely he ships PF and only slow plays a monster?) Anyway, I elected I'm committed so expect to be behind when I shove but was never expecting a flat call PF anyway.

Once you 3bet pre-flop, you have no decision on the flop, you are pot committed and should just shove all in, hoping to get calls from stuff like 88 or 99. But yeah, just shove it pre-flop if you ever think about folding the flop.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think shoving is OK given his retarded open.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove pre and shove flop as played

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove pre... i don't know how you've playing up until this point, but i think that would get you a call from a lot of weaker hands from a player making such a weird open. If he does have QQ+, you're boned anyway.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands