Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were 7 players left in the game
3 were itm winning $100/$60/$40
I was 5th or 6th of the remaining 7

OnGame - $5.50+$0.00|60/120 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 7,770 (VPIP: 23.85, PFR: 20.16, 3Bet Preflop: 13.04, hands: 135)
BTN: 4,693 (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 14.07, 3Bet Preflop: 9.47, Hands: 293)
Hero (SB): 3,609
BB: 2,350 (VPIP: 23.68, PFR: 21.62, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 38)

Hero posts SB 60, BB posts BB 120

Pre Flop: (pot: 180) Hero has 2 2

fold, fold, Hero calls 60, BB raises to 2,350 and is all-in, Hero calls 2,230

Flop: (4,700, 2 players) T 6 K

Turn: (4,700, 2 players) 2

River: (4,700, 2 players) T

[spoil]Hero shows 2 2 (Full House, Twos full of Tens) (Pre 50%, Flop 56%, Turn 91%)
BB shows J A (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 50%, Flop 44%, Turn 9%)
Hero wins 4,700
[/spoil]

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, what are the other stacks? You only post 4 here. Second, fold. Even if he's just shoving any 2 random cards, you're only a coin flip and a lot of the time he has pairs which you're crushed by.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, what are the other stacks? You only post 4 here. Second, fold. Even if he's just shoving any 2 random cards, you're only a coin flip and a lot of the time he has pairs which you're crushed by.

I do not have the exact stacks - but after I won the hand I was in third place. The Apx other stacks were 4K to 9K.

Was not in major desperation as far as BB's go, but my thinking was - that if I allow to fall a lot more behind - I will have very limited chances to be in top 3.
Was butting my "bet" on a coin flip. (assumed he does not have a pp). Basically - pushed the issue - I was either going out - or be in the running.
Was it too early to gamble? Maybe... But there is hardly a gamble when you down to 3-5 BB's and or when you become a distant short stack..
A good friend (who needs not to be polite) told me that is was a HORRIBLE play. I guess I am trying to find out - if it was really that horrible? Or just more of a gamble than would be reasonable to do?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wanna gamble you wanna gamble. It's not a +EV play though. You'd be much better off just shoving if you're gonna limp/call a shove.

runnerx289

runnerx289

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At best your'e flipping. Fold and wait for a better spot

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why are you limping?

calling here is really really bad, shoving isnt really optimal either. id probably min/fold.

v someone good who has a r/f range from the BB limp/shove can be ok but never limp/calling this hand.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't respond , because I told VegasJJ this was a superbad play on Skype(she really didn't know why) and I told she should post the hand here, so she can learn from it.

I am so happy she did post this :) Time for improvement.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for responding. Really appreciate it.

I do understand (and knew when I made the call) that I did NOT get my chips in - being ahead - that I was hopefully in a situation of a flip.

Just to clarify - This is not my "routine" play. I would fold the great majority of the time.

I just fail to see the play as being a HORRIBLY BAD one.

It was a decision I made at that time - with the thought - that - if I want to make the money - I need to get ahead NOW - or real soon - being far from the top 3 - I have to take a chance. Yes I can try to wait for a much better spot - but by that time I could be way behind - so I prefer to "try my luck" now, vs a very limited hope/struggle.
It is not a good play or a play I would recommend/defend - any time all the time - but it is not a HORRIBLE solution - is it?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its pretty horrible man, its a massive massive equity punt

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-EV IMO limp/call 22 here. So you are just losing money with this play on the long run. You also could just burn it :D

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
majority of the time id fold, if anything at all though limp. if you know his range, and know he doesnt have a pocket pair, and he pushes on the flop, then sure y not call if there's no high cards. but still flipping coins.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Was not in major desperation as far as BB's go, but my thinking was - that if I allow to fall a lot more behind - I will have very limited chances to be in top 3.
Lose that ^ thinking.
What is of more relevance is >>> size of your stack in relation to the size of the blinds (< & how this will affect how we can play).

And yes.... it truly is a horrible play (sorry just bein' honest)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
majority of the time id fold, if anything at all though limp. if you know his range, and know he doesnt have a pocket pair, and he pushes on the flop, then sure y not call if there's no high cards. but still flipping coins.
this ^ might even be worse.
Limp? Why?
How do you know he doesn't have a pocket pair... and you know he'd make a huge overshove on the flop when he wiffs (w no pp)??? Honestly this is just ludicrous.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me re phrase that. If I were to play them id limp. Normally I wouldn't play them

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and limp hoping to make a set on the flop, of course 90% of the time you're going to end up folding on the flop anyways, unless you're just going to try to but the pot if there's no face cards, and they don't shove.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and limp hoping to make a set on the flop, of course 90% of the time you're going to end up folding on the flop anyways, unless you're just going to try to but the pot if there's no face cards, and they don't shove.

We already know what you mean you didn't need to rephrase a thing , because your toughtproces is bad.

1st of all the one time you will hit a set on the flop when the BB checks preflop.
Who says you will make anymore chips out of it?

2nd of all , the times you will fold preflop if BB raises.

And 3rd all the times you will fold OOP vs BB postflop.

But if you rather stay stubborn, I don't mind :D

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry I'm on my cell phone, also just kind of skimmed through the hand. If he raised all in for 2/3 of my stack than yes it's a fold and always will be. Like I said I'd normally fold this hand every time. Different situation I might play this hand in LP to steal the blinds deeper in a tourney when they're actually worth stealing. Only if it was folded down to new though.