$5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: AA facing a shove on the flop

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
Against two shoves I'm probably folding this, how should I play this? On the flop I have a straight draw, but this seems rather unimportant. Also I'm blocking some straights on the flop. Thoughts?

UTG+1: 4,589
UTG+2: 5,433
MP1: 5,754
MP2: 7,876
MP3: 10,228 (68.2 bb)
CO: 3,961 (26.4 bb)
BTN: 3,657
Hero (SB): 8,068 (53.8 bb)
BB: 5,667

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
A
heart.gif

4 folds, MP3 calls 150, CO calls 150, BTN folds, Hero raises to 450, BB folds, MP3 calls 300, CO calls 300

Flop: (1,680) 5
spade.gif
club.gif
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets 840, CO raises to 3,491 and is all-in, Hero?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise more preflop. I would also be leading this flop and calling shoves. As you say, you block straights very well so you should only be worried about a random set, and if they have that, so be it. As played, I'm still getting it in and being quite happy about it. You've probably got them drawing to 2 outs.

A

Alijohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your raise at preflop is very low. But i would call CO’s all -inn. I guess he got A5 or A4. If not you habe still good straight draw.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise more preflop. I would also be leading this flop and calling shoves. As you say, you block straights very well so you should only be worried about a random set, and if they have that, so be it. As played, I'm still getting it in and being quite happy about it. You've probably got them drawing to 2 outs.

This, you need to be raising more preflop. More towards a number like 675 when you have that many blinds and two limpers in the pot already. If you get both players to call, I would lead as well and call off in most cases. If only MP3 comes along you could get tricky and go into check call mode if you believe that player to be loose and rep AQ, AK, low suited aces.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As previously stated, make it bigger preflop and lead out/ call on this flop. In a $5mtt any overpair or combo draw will happily pile it in here- sure there are sets out there but we have the highest possible overpair and a gutter to boot.

It is a bit concerning that 2 people are willing to put chips in before us, but I'm still pretty sure I'm not folding here.