$5 NLHE HU Tourney: good or bad bluff play?

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/26587931.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/79935631.jpg/

hi guys, dont know other way to post this, it was on pokerace so no PT stats, but villain was folding to a lot of 3bets and a lot of buttons, and was overall pretty passive,

1. image) seemed like a fine spot to bluff? against a pretty tight player? or is the 3bet too loose?
2. image) is it ok to call down with KJ here? I really dont know, i tanked for some secs, but seemed like a call all 3 times :eek:

this is my first time i post a hand, so dont be too harsh, hopefully i provided enough info about the plays and the villain.. :) :jd4:

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your best just posting the hand :)

I don't click links and I'm not sure anyone will click on them either.

Links aren't allowed either.

Last edited:
R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sorry, I hope mod can delete it and not warn me, I just didn't know any other way to post a hand from there, because from that room it doesnt seem to save it anywhere :/ can you assist on that matter? :confused:

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are prob okay here. Just use the little image icon in the tool bar when posting and past the link in the pop-up box and it will just show the image.

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here should be hands, found a converter... sorry again :)

Game #123456789: Table - $15/$30 - No Limit Holdem - 1:00:00 ET - 2001/01/01
Seat 1: Hero ($2090)
Seat 2: SB ($910)
Seat 2: SB posts the small blind of $15
Hero posts the big blind of $30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [3s Kh]
SB raises to $95
Hero calls $65
*** FLOP *** [7s Qc 9s]
Hero checks
SB bets $110
Hero raises to $450
SB folds
Hero shows [3s Kh]
Hero wins the pot ($765)

Hand number 1 ) seemed like a fine spot to bluff? against a pretty tight player? or is the raise too loose?

Game #123456789: Table - $50/$100 - No Limit Holdem - 1:00:00 ET - 2001/01/01
Seat 1: Hero ($1250)
Seat 2: Seat 2 ($1750)
Seat 2: Seat 2 (SB) posts the small blind of $50
Hero posts the big blind of $100
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Js Ks]
Seat 2 calls $100
Hero checks
*** FLOP *** [9s As Kd]
Hero checks
Seat 2 bets $100
Hero calls $100
*** TURN *** [9s As Kd] [7c]
Hero checks
Seat 2 bets $150
Hero calls $150
*** RIVER *** [9s As Kd 7c] [4c]
Hero checks
Seat 2 bets $160
Hero calls $160
Hero shows [Js Ks]
Seat 2 shows [9c 8s]
Hero wins the pot ($1070)

hand nr.2) is it ok to call down with KJ here? I really dont know, i tanked for some secs, but seemed like a call all 3 times

hope i did everything correct now :D

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Play is fine

2. Calling down is fine, but would have raised pre-flop 3 handed.

R

rawone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The second hand, I would have likely raised him... the pot had been getting bigger, and a $160 bet into it was low. You could have easily raised to 320 and probably gotten a call. You played it very flat here, and he figured that you didn't have anything, so he likely would have called a reasonable raise.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise smaller in the first hand but not really a texture i want to attack with 1 overcard of equity HU.

2nd hand checking pre is pretty bad really. as played bet flop. as play call turn and river.

dont show results

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The second hand, I would have likely raised him... the pot had been getting bigger, and a $160 bet into it was low. You could have easily raised to 320 and probably gotten a call. You played it very flat here, and he figured that you didn't have anything, so he likely would have called a reasonable raise.

Thanks for the suggestion, you are right, i probably could have gotten some more chips out of him.. I still lave to learn these spots where to raise for value with such hands.. :)

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I think you missed some value in the second scenario. Not sure if he would have called but usually we don't see the results so it is easier to just talk about optimal lines. The first one I wonder about that flop being some what wet to pull that play on. That being said it was heads up so I like the line a bit more. One question, am I reading the hand right did you show the bluff? I don't think I like that, would love to hear your thoughts.

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I think you missed some value in the second scenario. Not sure if he would have called but usually we don't see the results so it is easier to just talk about optimal lines. The first one I wonder about that flop being some what wet to pull that play on. That being said it was heads up so I like the line a bit more. One question, am I reading the hand right did you show the bluff? I don't think I like that, would love to hear your thoughts.

hehe as said, i'll try to do that in the future.
And now, I don't really show my hands, not sure why it says i shown hand :/