No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Game is a 5$ 6-man SnG on Stars. CO was playing VPIP 48 / PFR 4 over 27 hands. How do you extract the most amount of value here, and what kind of range do you put CO on after raising preflop, checking back flop and then raising the turn?

pokerstars, $4.56 + $0.44 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

mylast22 (UTG): 1,263 (25 bb)
mcfiktion (MP): 1,218 (24 bb)
Richtofen85 (CO): 2,087 (42 bb)
Lehich~AA~ (BU): 1,439 (29 bb)
ginsiuks85 (SB): 139 (3 bb)
Fundiver199 (BB): 2,854 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: (111) Hero (Fundiver199) is BB with J♦ J♥
2 players fold, Richtofen85 (CO) raises to 150, 1 fold, ginsiuks85 (SB) calls 108 (all-in), Fundiver199 (BB) calls 100

Flop: (469) T♠ J♠ 4♦ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB) checks, Richtofen85 (CO) checks

Turn: (469) J♣ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB) bets 188, Richtofen85 (CO) raises to 450, Fundiver199 (BB) calls 262

River: (1,369) 2♠ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB)?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With a PFR of 4%, I'd put him on the premiums aces and high PP range, so something like AJs+, AQo+, TT+. But 27 hands also isn't so much, so maybe his range is a little larger.

After raising on turn, I'd vote for him to have a Jack, but I highly doubt he actually has one. 🤣

I might have went for another small click-Back on turn.

You'd be very lucky if he had TT and a boat now, where he'd be willing to put all the chips in, probably.

Since it worked on turn, I'd bet another 1/3 of pot again and hopefully he raises again and then you'd easily jam. 😎

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Since he is the second stack after you at this table, I think that he has a wide range off hands that he would raise with but not junk hands.
CO

So basically this range. On the river I would bet pot (or overbet) and targeting this range Tx, QQ+, and also any 2 spades. If we was drawing and did not get there he is not calling anything anymore.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting spot, I probably check and hope he bets, x-shoving if he bets not all-in. He probably has a flush, missed draw, T or overpair. I think donking only gets value from hands that bet anyway (flushes), and he may bluff missed draws, and possibly thinly value bet an overpair (that might fold to a donk)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting spot, I probably check and hope he bets, x-shoving if he bets not all-in. He probably has a flush, missed draw, T or overpair. I think donking only gets value from hands that bet anyway (flushes), and he may bluff missed draws, and possibly thinly value bet an overpair (that might fold to a donk)
I don't think he missed his draw on this board, cause it won't go for the check-3bet line. So opp has something here, and even better than a T, starting from the mentioned overpairs, FH-s and flushes. So coming back, it seems a pretty great idea to check it down, probably the most ideal cause opp will really fire another on the River. :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would be donk jamming here for maximum villain confusion. It would look like a bluff, a completed flush, and the worst full house all at once. Villains hate this one simple trick. And with that VPIP he be calling.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input. Here are my own thoughts on the hand:

Preflop
Often this would be a 3-bet for me, but against someone with these stats I prefer to only call.

Flop
Standard check to the preflop raiser.

Turn and river
Dont see any point in trying to go for a check-raise, so I made a small bet for value to get called by weak pairs and draws. When he raised, it made no sense at all to me. The second J was a bad card for an overpair and also for a draw, so why turn up his aggression now? A set improved to a boat, but why check a wet flop with second or third set? And if he had a boat, obviously he was going to bet it on the river. So I decided to just call and check to him again on the river to let him hang himself with, what I felt was most likely to be some random airball bluff.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game is a 5$ 6-man SnG on Stars. CO was playing VPIP 48 / PFR 4 over 27 hands. How do you extract the most amount of value here, and what kind of range do you put CO on after raising preflop, checking back flop and then raising the turn?

PokerStars, $4.56 + $0.44 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

mylast22 (UTG): 1,263 (25 bb)
mcfiktion (MP): 1,218 (24 bb)
Richtofen85 (CO): 2,087 (42 bb)
Lehich~AA~ (BU): 1,439 (29 bb)
ginsiuks85 (SB): 139 (3 bb)
Fundiver199 (BB): 2,854 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: (111) Hero (Fundiver199) is BB with J♦ J♥
2 players fold, Richtofen85 (CO) raises to 150, 1 fold, ginsiuks85 (SB) calls 108 (all-in), Fundiver199 (BB) calls 100

Flop: (469) T♠ J♠ 4♦ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB) checks, Richtofen85 (CO) checks

Turn: (469) J♣ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB) bets 188, Richtofen85 (CO) raises to 450, Fundiver199 (BB) calls 262

River: (1,369) 2♠ (3 players, 1 all-in)
Fundiver199 (BB)?
So the key to max value when V's strategy is flop check- turn raise-is this is a low freq spot so we do not play it in a standard way
The draws most often bet flop small to build a pot to get stacks in if they check they do not raise turn very often when there is no reason to believe you do not have a jack-That means we are in a low freq spot so we adapt our value targets.
AA-QQ has no reason to not bet flop this SPR- so again low freq turn spot with these hands
Some V make the mistake of trapping over pairs and when they do they will make this kind of terrible bet hoping to see where they are or to showdown cheaply

The best way to get max value in this low freq spot is to click back+ raise turn targeting the pot control call range -AA KK QQ -weird flush draws that are semi-bluffing call as well
They potentially raised to know where they are--- they are unsure when we click back and with overs they call to hit or expect to showdown
most of the time the V will not bluff the spade river with the profile the HUD suggests after we call turn-we will have flushes and boats- so expecting naked bluffs on river is not common-again based on HUD suggested profile
We are almost always getting max value from TT 44 so they do not factor into our turn decision

As played on river we want lead to value target the weakest part of the V calling range by doing so we may get them to raise the mid part of their range the mid part of range is non nut flushes- sometimes we also trigger a suicide bluff with AsAh etc - we do this by blocker betting the river 30% pot vs weaker players is fine- less vs tight folders- You want to use your player pool data to pick a sizing that triggers bluffs-if we knew the V was a calling station we would of course target that range for more value on the river with a larger lead sizing.

For those who are new to poker -not you fundiver:)---understanding how board texture and Villain action can turn AA from top of range to bottom of range is very important
It is very easy to practice this skill out of game by using these hand reviews and looking at relative hand strength as the board progresses

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with no or low icm no brainer jam pre. literally nothing to analyze here.
hope this helps and Good Luck!

edit. ya blinds 25 50 lol so unless its double or nothing no idea what you considering there. lemme know