No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Flopping the nuts is always a great feeling, but its important, that we then play the hand well. Here is a fun hand from a 5$ 9 man SnG on pokerstars, where my opponent demonstrated how to NOT do it :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great example of getting the least value you can from a hand on two streets and then losing max value when your strong hand is no longer the nuts---

As players we have to take the time on each street to think deeply about our situation and recognize when the nuts change.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Gee... we started out with a flush draw. Added a 2nd flush draw and a potential gutter. And when it got there... nah... now is the time to get all our chips in!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great example of getting the least value you can from a hand on two streets and then losing max value when your strong hand is no longer the nuts---

As players we have to take the time on each street to think deeply about our situation and recognize when the nuts change.
Exactly. His main mistakes are those silly min-bets on the flop and turn, when he have the nuts in a multiway pot on a draw heavy board. But then as played, when I lead the river for a significant size, its probably only a call with top set. When he play like this, I am not folding anything, so I can have a lot of bluffs. But I can also have all 16 combos of JT, and not to many other hands, that lead river for value AND will call a raise.