No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
One of the "rules" taught in the CC "become a winning player in 30 days" course is, that we should generally play push or fold, when the effective stack is less than 10BB without antes or 15BB with antes. However with AA or KK its better to always min-raise regardless of stack size. First of all this is super balanced and not at all transparant. And in top of that it allow BB to defend much wider, which can result it great outcomes for the player with AA or KK. Here are two hands from different 18 man SnGs on Stars, where it went really well for my opponents :)

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In AA's hand, the guy won't min-raise with 4 blinds to fold, right?
And any flop he hits will end up putting the rest of his chips on the table.
He min-raising only gives the other player a chance to see the flop and he risks getting a bad beat, as happened there.
:unsure: I don't know, I think the best thing in this case is to shove pre-flop, because he already has 1/3 of his stack on the table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In AA's hand, the guy won't min-raise with 4 blinds to fold, right?
And any flop he hits will end up putting the rest of his chips on the table.
He min-raising only gives the other player a chance to see the flop and he risks getting a bad beat, as happened there.
:unsure: I don't know, I think the best thing in this case is to shove pre-flop, because he already has 1/3 of his stack on the table.
Yes absolutely. I was being sarcastic. The minraise with KK is more ok, because he started with 11BB.