No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Ok so after two hands with AA, its time to move on to AKs. There was a limp from MP, an isolation from LP, I 3-bet from CO, and MP cold called. On a dry A high board MP donked out for full pot, which was half his remaining stack. Game is an 18-man SnG, and this is the first blind level. MP was playing VPIP 100 / PFR 17 over 7 hands. Do you fold, call or jam?

pokerstars, $4.52 + $0.48 - Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 (3 ante) - 9 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 1,497 (75 bb)
UTG+1: 1,417 (71 bb)
MP: 1,417 (71 bb)
MP+1: 1,834 (92 bb)
LP: 1,497 (75 bb)
CO (Hero): 1,497 (75 bb)
BU: 1,487 (74 bb)
SB: 1,437 (72 bb)
BB: 1,417 (71 bb)

Pre-Flop: (57) Hero is CO with K♠ A♠
2 players fold, MP calls 20, 1 fold, LP raises to 80, Hero 3-bets to 260, 3 players fold, MP calls 240, 1 fold

Flop: (657) A♦ 2♣ 9♠ (2 players)
MP bets 657, Hero?

Last edited:
mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would jam there and that's because I think I am most of the time ahead of him. He can bet any Ax like this to try to make you fold or even if he thinks that he is good with a hand like AJ, AQ...you are most of the time ahead of his range.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
He limped in, so that can mean any low PP or I've also people seen doing that with weak Aces.

But since he played every hand in the first 7, that could also mean any two cards. 😅

He called your 3-bet, so that lets me assume he has a decent hand at least and not any two cards anymore.

Flop:
Hands that beat us are A2, A9, 92, 22, AA, 99. I would exclude AA here, as he'd probably have 4-bet and also 92 as I can't see him calling the 3-bet. So there are two combos of Aces that beat us and the two sets.
Based on his stats, I would also lean towards a jam and just hope he doesn't have any of the combos that beat us. 😆

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that he is ready calling jam. TPTK is good for it? After 4bet Ace in your range is very often. And he makes very large bet. 99 or 22 can be there. But limit 5$ is to high for me and not easy give some advice)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But limit 5$ is to high for me and not easy give some advice)
Dont think about the buyin. This player has been involved in 8 out of 8 hands, and in this one he limped and then called a big 3-bet out of position. This scream bad player, and then it does not matter, what the buyin is :)

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He limped in, so that can mean any low PP or I've also people seen doing that with weak Aces.

But since he played every hand in the first 7, that could also mean any two cards. 😅

He called your 3-bet, so that lets me assume he has a decent hand at least and not any two cards anymore.

Flop:
Hands that beat us are A2, A9, 92, 22, AA, 99. I would exclude AA here, as he'd probably have 4-bet and also 92 as I can't see him calling the 3-bet. So there are two combos of Aces that beat us and the two sets.
Based on his stats, I would also lean towards a jam and just hope he doesn't have any of the combos that beat us. 😆

I would follow Andyreas' reasoning.

Some considerations:
With villain playing every hand so far, we're unlikely to get any information about his patterns and ranges.
In general terms we can assign 22-88, some Tx combos, some with Ax (although we block some). Just because he called a 3-bet I don't think that tells us that his range has improved.
After coming in with good hands time after time, some people find it hard to believe that he is playing a premium hand again.

Preflop: Standard play.

Flop:
His donkeybet doesn't make us comfortable here (even in position), but from the little we know about him so far...
I wouldn't hesitate to call/jam in this spot. This is because of what the villain has shown us so far...
if we were playing against a known reg or something like that, we would be in a more difficult situation.
The problem with calling here is that we would be well committed to the pot, but it would be possible to take the next card and make the decision.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Calling or jamming, either way there's no folding and you go to showdown here IMO. The problem with jamming is he might get away, whereas he will keep betting if you call. Unfortunately once in a while players like this will flop two pairs or a set and you will be drawing almost dead from the flop. I wouldn't be surprised to see A2, A9, and even 22. I would just probably call and see what he does on the turn and try to get value then.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your comments. The SPR on the flop was only around 2, and in that situation I am happy to stack off TPTK against pretty much anyone, and I see no reason to change that plan, just because someone, who is literally playing any two cards, donks into me. I think, he can be doing this with worse AX or flat out nothing. So I decided to get it in on the flop, but just calling and then getting it in on all turns would also be fine. Here is the result:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands