$5.50 NLHE STT: Push/Fold decision from UTG. Is A9o a bit too loose?

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 players left, I'm 5th in chips.
6 BBs UTG with A9o. I shove.

What do you think about that. No brainer or a bit too lose from UTG? I ask because I have a Push/Fold chart that makes this a bit on the margin (suggests pushing with AT+).

Merge - $0+$0.00|<> NL - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 3,548.00
BB: 1,151.00
Hero (UTG): 1,234.00
MP: 3,722.00
CO: 1,320.00
BTN: 2,525.00

SB posts SB 100.00, BB posts BB 200.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 300.00) Hero has A 9

Hero raises to 1,234.00 and is all-in,

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 6BB left, i think shoving here with A9off is Ok in my view.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would burn the push/fold chart you're currently using if it doesn't have you shipping this hand while this short.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shoving is perfect. you have to shove quite loose here because you are about to be put through the blinds. The only issue you have is that the BB is quite short.

Also, keep in mind if using a push/fold chart that UTG here is not UTG, it's Middle position. Also, what chart are you using and can i take a look to see if it's not utter crap?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye this is super standard imo

C

CrossedLine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I would jump on a hand like this. Hopefully lots of people see you as vulnerable and in need, and jump on it, and you hit the full house. Cheers!

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shoving is perfect. you have to shove quite loose here because you are about to be put through the blinds. The only issue you have is that the BB is quite short.

Also, keep in mind if using a push/fold chart that UTG here is not UTG, it's Middle position. Also, what chart are you using and can i take a look to see if it's not utter crap?

Looks like I can't add an attachment via PM. How do I send it to you?

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like I can't add an attachment via PM. How do I send it to you?
Have him send you his Email via PM, and email it. Tho i am sure you could post it in here to.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah either of those are fine. PM me for my email if you like, or just post it in here would be easier.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can also got the the Gallery, Other Picture/Files and then upload it there and post a link o the upload in this thread.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never even looked at the Gallery, but it turns out there's a good reason for that. I don't have access to it (someday, when I'm older...).

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably go a little wider than his chart suggests debpes. You have to be careful using other peoples charts, he could have made that one for the $16's, you want to be wider in the micros.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd probably go a little wider than his chart suggests debpes. You have to be careful using other peoples charts, he could have made that one for the $16's, you want to be wider in the micros.

Wider because generally the other players are going to be looser?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are usually loose in the early game, but tighten up when you actually use this chart, so yes. It depends on your table though, and more importantly, the blinds. If you have loose blinds, you might want to tighten ranges, if you have tight, you want to loosen them. I'm assuming you have a DTB account and that you know how to use that chart?

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are usually loose in the early game, but tighten up when you actually use this chart, so yes. It depends on your table though, and more importantly, the blinds. If you have loose blinds, you might want to tighten ranges, if you have tight, you want to loosen them. I'm assuming you have a DTB account and that you know how to use that chart?

I'm in the category of "very good student" but "not always so good at implementing."

Yes, I know how to use the chart. Just need to get in tons and tons of practice.

Folding in Poker