€5.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: The Pocket 10s - Face a river shove - low board

T

tisco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning guys!
I'm looking for some insight on this one.

Ticket Satellite (Super Turbo Freezeout 2 Tickets GTD), 12 players.
Blinds 30/60, ante 6.

6 players on the table.
HERO HAND - 10s10h
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]SB - 3126
BB - 3788
[/FONT]
UTG - 2557
MP - 2150 (VILLAIN)
CO - 2447
DB - 3806 (HERO)

PRE: "UTG" - FOLD , "MP" (VILLAIN) - RAISE 2X, "CO" - FOLD, "DB" (HERO) - RE-RAISE 4.5X, "SB" & "BB" FOLD, "MP" (VILLAIN) CALL.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]POT: 676 - 11.2BB

FLOP:
[/FONT]:6c4::4s4::2c4: - "MP" (VILLAIN) - CHECK, "DB" (HERO) - RAISE 270 = 4.5X, 39,94% of POT.
(VILLAIN) - CALL. - I'm putting villain on 22-99, 40% JJ and some A7s+ couple of broadways.

POT: 1216 - 20.2BB

TURN: :5h4: - (VILLAIN) - CHECK, HERO - BET 685 = 11.4 BB, 56 % of POT.
(VILLAIN CALL). - I'm now putting VILLAIN on 77-99, some JJ, and some Axs, the lower pocket pairs which would flopped the set would have raised me on the flop.

POT - 2586 - 43.1BB

RIVER: :5c4: - VILLAIN - SHOVE ALL IN - 920 = 15.3BB, 36 % of POT, which means I have to be good 20% of the time.

BOARD: :6c4::4s4::2c4::5h4::5c4:

I'm thinking this is VILLAINS RANGE - (JJ,99-77,AJs-A7s,KQs,AQo-AJo.)
Which gives me 83% in Equilab, but lets say i narrow it down to JJ,99-77,AQs-A7s,KQs,87s - My equity gets down to 68 %.

In my eyes this one is a call, or what do you guys think?
Could I have played it differently on FLOP and TURN and what about the bet sizing?

Anything you would have done differently, here?

Please comment your thoughts below.

/ Fellow Card player

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the actions here and first thing that comes to my mind is that a villain here played like a bot :D I'm kidding, if it was my table i would monitoring what's been going on from the hand one and if I label villain as a tight player i would pretty sure that he just hit a flush on the river. And this is why, a lot of players play satellites very carefully, especially in early stages, not taking too much risks since the main goal is not to win the tournament which is very important. What i would do differently, and i'm not claiming that's the right thing to do and nothing else, i wouldn't decide to go hard on this hand, remember it's an early stage and trying to push out a player (at least that's how it looks to me) is unnecessary here since winning chips from pre action wouldn't make much of a difference to your stack. So my point is, don't play sattys to aggressive in early stages, on the contrary wait for the best shots.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise bigger preflop that raise was so small.. if i understand it correctly he made it 120 and you raise to 300.. make it 500 next time then bet like 600 on flop and shove turn yourself

T

tisco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise bigger preflop that raise was so small.. if i understand it correctly he made it 120 and you raise to 300.. make it 500 next time then bet like 600 on flop and shove turn yourself

Interesting thought. Yeah the bet size was about 270-275 I think. I wouldn't go to 500 with the tens though. But I see maybe going to 350-400 here and like 50-60% pot on the flop.
To then shove it or self or put him in the spot.

Thanks for feedback.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such small raise sizes preflop, I think that all hands that smash that low board are in villains range.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think villain has a flush - I think he had a made straight on the turn. Either way the board is too coordinated towards villains range - so I'd fold this. I'd also bet a little larger preflop, but not much. I don't think the outcome would have changed.
Shoving turn without any info is just overly aggressive - and from my experience collecting chips from players who play that way - it's a great way to bust out without knowing where you are even at in this hand. Aggressively assuming you are ahead isn't smart poker in my opinion.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as played I think it's a fold (though it's close)

but there are some things I would do differently.

Preflop:

facing a 2bb raise I would 3b to a minimum of 6bb off these stack sizes. at even deeper stack sizes I will go 3.5x his bet size when I'm in position and 5.5 to 6x out of position.

Flop:

this is a dynamic flop, meaning that the equities can change greatly on each street (overpairs and top pairs are unlikely to remain strong on future streets unlike Ace high and K high boards). in addition there are many draws. When this is the case I prefer a larger Cbet sizing.

I would choose to Cbet between 50-67% of the pot

Turn:

as played, I would bet pot size on turn. which pot commits you to the hand. however, if you had sized up slightly preflop and flop then the turn would be a little smaller than a pot sized jam (which is perfect for our range and denies his range odds)