$5.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Suspicious of villains holding ,what is he representing?

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Suspicious of villains holding ,what is he representing?

https://mygame.mypartypokerlive.com/share/replayer?id=60d9b7004b86bf73c758979a

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is definitely a weird line by HJ, because he is donk betting the turn on a card, which is supposed to favour Hero. Since Hero made a very small flop bet, he might have floated with AX though, so that will definitely be part of his range. The other option is, he flopped very strong like a set, and now he hope, someone improved to top pair, and he does not want it to get checked through. Finally he could be bluffing, but its a weird bluff line, because he commits half his stack, so if he has a draw, he kind of painted himself into a corner, if someone jam on him. The replay does not show Heros hand, but assuming Hero flopped an overpair, which was not AA, I would also have let it go.

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oke thanxs ,i was thinking the same that he hit an ace with low kicker..the river was a King by the way . You can see that on partypoker. But that doesnt matter anymore

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise a little large pre flop but it is splitting hairs. Although the little larger we go pre and still get calls the easier it is to make the hand a two street hand if we want to get it in and that can be important depending on what cards the flop brings.

On the flop I think your bet is too small. We are going to get called by all smaller pairs, and the club draws. We may even get called by 77 and 88 to see if we check behind on the turn and they can take a run at it on the river. Another reason why I would want to go bigger here on the flop is that with the flop be wetter I want to make this a two street hand where we jam on the turn as long as the card is safe. Any villain with two clubs will call flop and might even call a pot sized turn jam but if we play this for 3 streets and they miss their draw then we are dependent on them bluffing the river. Otherwise they fold when they miss and pile when they hit or pile when the draw comes in to bluff us with their 1010, JJ hands. It sounds big but we are multi way here so my plan would be betting over half pot here on the flop, something like 30k. Even if the larger stack villain only calls we can still slight overbet jam the turn. If both call then it is an under pot turn jam.

As played when the turn comes you are beat and make a very very good fold in my opinion. Villain is donk leading out there since they are afraid that you will check behind with two flush draws on the board. Given the way you played the hand you could have Ax just as easily as they could and I think villain knows this. However if they have one and one on the board they know its less likely you have one and a check behind there from you is potentially disastrous for them. Good fold

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys who think that 3bet pre flop should be bigger. If we have one raiser pre flop I 3bet about 3,5x, but if there are some players after him, I add 1x, so in in this situations I add 1-2x because of two players behind him. On the flop I play bigger bet, at least 50%. 50% bet on the flop seems like something weak and sometimes we can get raise on the flop from our opponent. As played - on the turn I think we should fold, because we have too less stack to continue our game with one over card. GL :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when deepstacked and preflop raising dont do 3-4x the bet .. it needs to be x 9+ to reduce their range.

so because of thaat he youre up against two opponents that have 88+ AQ+ soooo
on the flop you were crushing but you failed to make a proper flop bet that would price AQ out.
pot was 96k and you bet 15 k on the button
so on the turn you were toast
then to top it all off, my read.
he donk bets it because he is now trying to price out the flush draws.he definitley has AK AQ unsuited or both black
182f8b4021a36bf55ae7da09b1b7925b.png
7949eb0c0c54fc0fd09552bf1a56c204.png

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much bigger 3 bet is crucial here. Blinds are small so you have to go much more blinds than usual. That combined with aggression on the flop changes everything, try implementing this in your game and you'll see a big improvement :)

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree with other comments that the 3 bet pre-flop was too small. However, the flop bet was too small and he would be calling you with almost anything.

Villain could have been on a diamond draw, had an over pair to the board 10-10 thru QQ, but AQ also definitely in his range here. Though he could be bluffing the Ace, it just seems unlikely. He could be betting a set hoping the Ace helped you, but I think Ax seem like a strong possibility here.

Being deep stacked, and with 3 other callers in the hand, the three bet should have been much more aggressive. You also want to deny him the correct implied odds to hit a set. I have no problem here making it 25k to go and jamming the flop. Most of the time you will just take the hand down, and anyone calling is mathematically making a mistake. And you definitely don't want two callers here.