$5.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Hero fold or donk fold?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 hands into the tourney so no reads on villain.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (6 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

CO (t3000)
Button (t2990)
SB (t3005)
BB (t3000)
Hero (UTG) (t3000)
MP (t3005)

Hero's M: 100.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif

Hero bets t60, MP calls t60, 2 folds, SB calls t50, 1 fold

Flop: (t200) J
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t2945 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: t200

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who knows...

Probably a good fold. Risking your tournament here with 1 pair is bad I think. But there are donkeys who do this with much less.

You can't win the tournament in the first few hands, so I think it was a good fold. Not to mention you only had 60 chips invested, and the pot was very small.

However, considering the jam by villain here, he is obviously a total donk.

Fold.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a turbo I call. If it's got a solid structure it's almost certainly a fold, as the chips gained when you win here won't be worth as much.

The pros for calling include the fact that this shove is never EVER made by a good player, and as such he can be over-valuing something like KJ here or spazzing with an open-ender. But by the same token he could have flopped two pair and think shoving here is the "right play." So with only 2 hands on the guy, I think it comes down to how valuable the chips in the middle are.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much snapping this of all day long, I can never find a fold.

Beginning of the tournament; likely a huge fish just jamming top pair JQ/TQ, weak middle/bottom pairs or some other random garbage draw K,Q/9,8 etc. I don't think fish just shove sets/two pair like this and the vast majority go for a c/r jam with big hands and go bat shit crazy with garbage/weak hands.

I think I'd be much more likely to fold a c/r jam as opposed to donk shove..

In a nut shell; I defiantly think there are way more hands that we beat that do this as opposed to beat us.

Last edited:
D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a turbo I call. If it's got a solid structure it's almost certainly a fold, as the chips gained when you win here won't be worth as much.

The pros for calling include the fact that this shove is never EVER made by a good player, and as such he can be over-valuing something like KJ here or spazzing with an open-ender. But by the same token he could have flopped two pair and think shoving here is the "right play." So with only 2 hands on the guy, I think it comes down to how valuable the chips in the middle are.

I agree with this... (For what it may or may not be worth!)

leafsfan1973

leafsfan1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with scourrge and ramdeebam i would call this all day....my first read would be 88 or 99

leafsfan1973

leafsfan1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you sir, still really getting used to it but bluffyou123 keeps naggin at me to start posting, lol

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to call. 6max people go mental, if he jams JT or something here, oh well, but I don't think he does very much.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definite call, weak players do that a lot with mediocre hands a good player would never be shoving at this stage with those blinds!

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do u put him on?

if he shoves TPTK or draws....I don't think I would escape from this pot! and if he shoves sets....I would go away...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
what do u put him on?

if he shoves TPTK or draws....I don't think I would escape from this pot! and if he shoves sets....I would go away...
Why would he shove 15x pot (donk-shove < lead out from Out of Position) with a set here... ever?

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would he shove 15x pot (donk-shove < lead out from Out of Position) with a set here... ever?

well I couldn't put him on a set for sure, however I would be careful in applying logical poker strategy to this villains thinking since he is obviously not a thinking player hes just a spaz.

pretty sure I am calling here.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well we know one thing for sure - your opponent is an idiot.

Let's say he flopped a set or two pair - he should most certainly want you to stick around and give him more money - so shoving is wrong if that is the case.

It's the old adage - figure out what your opponent wants you to do and do the opposite. Do you think he wants you to fold or call here?

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't get why people would suggest folding here,
It's pretty clear Imo, I call here all day every day, it's the 3rd hand of the tournament, so al idiots are still in, I would not be suprised to see him having a hand like 36, thinking he can bluff like Dwan.
Just call, you'll be ahead here more often than not, and IF he turns over JT or J6 , too bad, you still have 5 outs and you'll add 3 on most turns.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 hands into the tourney so no reads on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (6 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

CO (t3000)
Button (t2990)
SB (t3005)
BB (t3000)
Hero (UTG) (t3000)
MP (t3005)

Hero's M: 100.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif

Hero bets t60, MP calls t60, 2 folds, SB calls t50, 1 fold

Flop: (t200) J
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t2945 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: t200

I mysefl would ask what does this? I mean only 2 hands into the game (This play makes no sense at all)...So because of this, I'd than wonder what exactly are you trying to convince me of?

JJ= In low stakes usually a raise preflop and even if they chose not to 3bet pre with JJ (It certainly could be the case, but than to donk over bet shove A.I on that flop makes no sense what-so-ever)...

Same with 10s, I would'nt 3bet 10s yet I'm not donk shoving them either on this flop like a MONG...So I would exclude both those hands myself (That is the honest trueth).

I'd also take out 66 as sets don't just donk shove into O.R without some-sort of "Soul Read/Preception/background/History between both players", so I'd exclude all these for sure..

Now J10s/o (again I don't believe it would be of any benefit to do this with top 2....I'd be more worried about J6o if anything but not J10s/or....

So with this, I'd honestly would risk it no if ans or buts.. That's just me though

Folding in Poker