$$5.50 NLHE MTT Bounty: Straight-flush draw

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you did the most logical thing, you were not lucky, I would have played the same
Maybe Raise on the button would been better

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call me mad but that's a perfect spot to shove on the river. Bigger bet on the button also, but then, the hand may slip in another direction. Let's go to the river, just like you did.

Why shoving on the river? Well, you are calling the action all the time, villain is having trouble with putting you on a range, therefore you are putting him on a lot of pressure. Also, you are not losing life here, you got him covered, so he is the one who will think very throughly before making the call. Even if you lose, you at least now have some info. ��
Also, he limped in and then raised on the flop with tho hs. I would. Say that he was trying to rep a flush draw. You have the Ace of hearts. You got him beated. And all of a sudden, he is checking river? His repped hand got shitty? Yes. He didn't hit the flushdraw. Well, neither did you, but you can always play it smoother because you are calling the action. He doesn't have a clue that you might pocket 3s, 7s, deuces even. You can also have KX, remember, you called every action. Playing too passive. You can not just invest chips and hope to hit that flush. You always need that "what if" thinking. What if turn and river are blanks? Can I still rep something big? How did I play Preflop, post flop? How did my opponent played it? What can he have? Build a funnel and search for his range, their cards matter more than yours.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call me mad but that's a perfect spot to shove on the river. Bigger bet on the button also, but then, the hand may slip in another direction. Let's go to the river, just like you did.

Why shoving on the river? Well, you are calling the action all the time, villain is having trouble with putting you on a range, therefore you are putting him on a lot of pressure. Also, you are not losing life here, you got him covered, so he is the one who will think very throughly before making the call. Even if you lose, you at least now have some info. ��
Also, he limped in and then raised on the flop with tho hs. I would. Say that he was trying to rep a flush draw. You have the Ace of hearts. You got him beated. And all of a sudden, he is checking river? His repped hand got shitty? Yes. He didn't hit the flushdraw. Well, neither did you, but you can always play it smoother because you are calling the action. He doesn't have a clue that you might pocket 3s, 7s, deuces even. You can also have KX, remember, you called every action. Playing too passive. You can not just invest chips and hope to hit that flush. You always need that "what if" thinking. What if turn and river are blanks? Can I still rep something big? How did I play Preflop, post flop? How did my opponent played it? What can he have? Build a funnel and search for his range, their cards matter more than yours.
I also think about more agressive play on turn and river.
Thanks!

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like raising preflop to isolate and play this hand aggressively.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

limping here is fine but a raise on 7500 is nice too. With the raise You can isolate the limper. On the flop with flushdraw and Backdoor Straight draw, i would have raised here on 18k and shoving the Turn when he calls the raise.

But the way you played is also fine for me. :)

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isolation preflop, raise on the flop (while we have the maximum amount of equity), bet on the turn and check or fold on the river. In this hand, to the turn you Rivera you would not have reached.

Full Flush Poker