$5.50 NLHE MTT: AJs facing potbets 3street

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. This hand played on partypoker with 5.50$ buy-in, 6-max. Early stage of the tournament with 50k starting stack. Villain is a weak-passive player who likes to limp a lot. He potbetted once after limp calling an isolate and that's it.
Blinds are 250/500 with 100 ante. I've around 50k and villain has around 45k
Everyone folds to me and I'm on BU with :ah4::jh4: raised up to 1250, BB calls.
Flop comes :6s4:Ace of diamonds(not working) :ks4: and he bets the pot which is 3k, I call.
Turn: :10c4: again potbet, I call. Bank is around 29k.
River: :6d4: and he bets 29k. What should I do?
So, here's the my thought process on this hand:
Flop: seems standart, he might lead with any Ax hands or even with a T.
Turn: folding AJs here even for a potbet seems to weak especially when we picked up some equity. I would've folded some weak Aces but definetly not AJ.
River: is a complete break but we counterfited some 2pairs and I don't think he would bet pot with full house. So,this is either 2 pair or some weird played straight which I block with my J. We expect that he would've 3bet with AK or TT but he might flat called with them too, so I don't remove it from his range. The problem is that we now chop with any other Ax hands and only beat bluffs or counterfited 2pair that don't knows what to do.
Is this a call or better to lay it down and pick a better spot?
Having J affect to this hand? Is it a better hand to hero call?
Would love to hear thought about this hand. Thanks.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure I am clicking the call button here if not just jamming the turn simply because he's mashing pot on every street, but wouldn't be surprised at all if the chips went the other direction due to some weird 6x. I mean if we call pot on the flop and call pot on the turn, we know ahead of time he's betting pot on any river and other than a non spade A,J, or Q this is pretty much the best situation we can hope for.

I really think we're chopping for the most part, but we'll lose here a bit as well.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nonono, man. I think you meen:
The problem is that we now chop with any other Ax hands and beat nothing. XDD Look at his line and his sizes. Even an idiot will never bluff 3 barrel on this bord.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nonono, man. I think you meen:
The problem is that we now chop with any other Ax hands and beat nothing. XDD Look at his line and his sizes. Even an idiot will never bluff 3 barrel on this bord.
You might be right but I don't see that much of a value bets either. KK,AA even the passive player would at least click it back to my open raise. So, that river bet says that he has a 2 pair(AK,AT) and full-house(A6,TT) and as I said he mostl likely wouldn't bet potsize with them and some combos of QJ.But your point is right, we don't beat much there. Only 2 pair that counterfited on the river and don't knows what to do and missed FD.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might be right but I don't see that much of a value bets either. KK,AA even the passive player would at least click it back to my open raise. So, that river bet says that he has a 2 pair(AK,AT) and full-house(A6,TT) and as I said he mostl likely wouldn't bet potsize with them and some combos of QJ.But your point is right, we don't beat much there. Only 2 pair that counterfited on the river and don't knows what to do and missed FD.

In this size and this line he doesn't bluff ever) Turn is a very bad card for bluff, so you can consider the fold right here. In most cases i will fold on the turn. And i never calls river.