$5.50 NLHE MTT: 1010. VillainNit (UTG) Bets 2.2x, Hero (UTG+1) 3Bets 4.9x, Villain 4Bet Shoves (23x)?

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5.50 NLHE MTT: 1010. VillainNit (UTG) Bets 2.2x, Hero (UTG+1) 3Bets 4.9x, Villain 4Bet Shoves (23x)?

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem $1200(BB)
SB ($12928) [VPIP: 16.9% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 12.5% | 3-Bet: 6.9% | hands: 164]
BB ($19728) [VPIP: 19.7% | PFR: 12.6% | AGG: 20.7% | 3-Bet: 6.6% | Hands: 721]
UTG ($28734) [VPIP: 14.3% | PFR: 11.3% | AGG: 11.5% | 3-Bet: 7.3% | Hands: 309]
HERO ($27245) [VPIP: 22.4% | PFR: 15.9% | AGG: 32.8% | 3-Bet: 6.5% | Hands: 43687]
CO ($14795) [VPIP: 5.3% | PFR: 5.3% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 19]
BTN ($27654) [VPIP: 0% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 6]

Dealt to Hero: T T:club:

UTG Raises To $2760, HERO Raises To $6000, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds, UTG Raises To $28734 (allin),

HERO Folds

UTG wins: $14280

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If he really is that nitty I would not 3-bet him when he raises UTG - just call. Or shove if you want to gamble since you are that short.

A 3-bet against an early position raiser especially since you are in an early position yourself looks super strong. So if you plan to fold to a 4-bet I would not 3-bet in the first place.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just shove 22bbs preflop if you want to play the hand and it was opened before you.. doing that small raise does nothing

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a tight player like this I think, its a fold. I just dont think, he is ever doing this with a hand, that TT dominate, so we are either flipping or a 4:1 dog, and we only put in a little over 20% of our chips. As for our decision, when the action first got to us, I dont hate this small 3-bet. Its obviously never getting UTG to fold, but it can knock the other players out of the pot. We could flat as well, but 3 guys are sitting with perfect re-shove stacks, and TT is not quite strong enough to be a trapping hand, that want to get jammed on.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tens is good enough to shove. You can also call the raise and decide when it gets back to you. I’m not sure whats the correct play then. There are hands that villain shoves that you beat. I like shoving over anything else though.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he really is that nitty I would not 3-bet him when he raises UTG - just call. Or shove if you want to gamble since you are that short.

A 3-bet against an early position raiser especially since you are in an early position yourself looks super strong. So if you plan to fold to a 4-bet I would not 3-bet in the first place.

Yeah, I agree, I probably should have just called and tried to set mine. Thanks for the reply!

Just shove 22bbs preflop if you want to play the hand and it was opened before you.. doing that small raise does nothing

Good advice. I honestly wasn't even aware that I was only at 22bbs, I need to set my HUD up with that stat so I can be more aware of that in the future.

I just thought he would fold to a light 3bet being nitty but I was wrong. Thanks for the input!

Against a tight player like this I think, its a fold. I just dont think, he is ever doing this with a hand, that TT dominate, so we are either flipping or a 4:1 dog, and we only put in a little over 20% of our chips. As for our decision, when the action first got to us, I dont hate this small 3-bet. Its obviously never getting UTG to fold, but it can knock the other players out of the pot. We could flat as well, but 3 guys are sitting with perfect re-shove stacks, and TT is not quite strong enough to be a trapping hand, that want to get jammed on.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Iso'ing was part of the reasoning for 3betting light; to get the others out and iso with position and hopefully take it down on the flop with a half pot to 3/4 pot bet assuming UTG missed the board (depending on the texture).

But I agree, we were most likely a 4:1 dog given his profile.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tens is good enough to shove. You can also call the raise and decide when it gets back to you. I’m not sure whats the correct play then. There are hands that villain shoves that you beat. I like shoving over anything else though.

Yeah, in retrospect, a shove or flat would probably have been better. I'm glad I didn't shove because I'm sure we were dominated judging by his 4bet/nitty profile.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning, re-raise with tens is a mistake imo, I prefer call, the same you keep your range wide, you can have a lot of hands. What did you expect? you lost 6k chips, because you should fold to UTG all-in.
BTW: If you want lie/bluff your opponent, you should make 3-bet 3xraise at least, so you should make all-in in the end, UTG never fold here, too good prize.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The VPIP is so low that when they raise pre, that should throw an alarm up to you. Just call so you can see a flop. If you hit your set then you could stack them. Your re-raise was not correct.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While 309 hands on villain isn't a huge sample, it is enough for VPIP and PFR to converge. 3 betting a 14/11 player who has raised UTG with 10 10 is optimistic. I prefer calling preflop, and playing with position for the rest of the hand.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove here with 22bb. Yeah, it's a nit, but 1010 is too good to just call. What if a J comes on the flop, but he goes all-in with 99, AQ, AK on the flop?

With the shove preflop we make it the easiest and it should be easy + ev.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well he raises UTG and has 7% 3bet, so his 4bet might be less than 4%.
you are Always behind against his range, your best is a flip vs AK
vs TT+AK you have 34% equity and I doubt that he shoves into you with AJ or 88

tricky spot to Play against him with TT. not sure if a call would be a better Play with those stack sizes

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is a real nit as you think. After you three bet and he shoves, His range is better than AK
suited. Only QQ KK or AA. He not afraid to get all of his chips in pre flop. Even with AK
suited he might have slowed down and pushed on the flop, Flop has Ace or King ,I could
see him jamming there.
I normally play like that if I open UTG.:)