MP: 12,060 (24 bb)
MP+1: 4,651 (9 bb)
LP: 28,436 (57 bb)
CO: 5,917 (12 bb)
BU (Hero): 15,184 (30 bb)
SB: 4,036 (8 bb)
BB: 3,395 (7 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,335) Hero is BTN with K J
2 players fold, MP raises to 1,000, 1 fold, LP calls 1,000, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to 3,750, 2 players fold, MP 4-bets to 11,995 (all-in), 1 fold, BU (Hero) folds

Hi!

open raiser is probably reg, but I have only 27 hands, so it's nothing. So I decided to squeeze, because I have position and cold caller is a fish. I didn't want to just call, because short stacks on blinds, but maybe it's better play to give them opportunity to push wider?

On his reshove I have easy fold I think.

What you think?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice fold thinking only about position mp starts the hand show some strong hand in his possetion. you 3bet was essencial to evaluate the hand of MP you could just call as well but i like your 3bet trying to win the hands right there you had two blockers and could pass;

your fold for the 4bet was the right option

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If LP is a fish, I think, the best option is to just call behind and look to play a multiway pot with position. Sure KJo is not the greatest hand to take against an MP range. But when MP is out of position against two players, he is forced to play relatively straight forward. So it should be pretty easy to figure out, where you are in the hand against him.

If MP has a high fold to 3-bet, or he is opening to many hands, then I probably just go for the jam here. I dont like a small 3-bet, because you are losing to much, when you fold, and you invite MP to jam on you and the fish to call, whenever MP fold. If its near the bubble, I prefer to just fold this hand and wait for a better spot or for someone to bust at another table. Same if MP is a nit, so that his range is more like a normal players UTG range. You dont want to play KJo against someone, who basically always have AK, AQ, AJ, KQ or a pair.

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If LP is a fish, I think, the best option is to just call behind and look to play a multiway pot with position. Sure KJo is not the greatest hand to take against an MP range. But when MP is out of position against two players, he is forced to play relatively straight forward. So it should be pretty easy to figure out, where you are in the hand against him.

If MP has a high fold to 3-bet, or he is opening to many hands, then I probably just go for the jam here. I dont like a small 3-bet, because you are losing to much, when you fold, and you invite MP to jam on you and the fish to call, whenever MP fold. If its near the bubble, I prefer to just fold this hand and wait for a better spot or for someone to bust at another table. Same if MP is a nit, so that his range is more like a normal players UTG range. You dont want to play KJo against someone, who basically always have AK, AQ, AJ, KQ or a pair.

But what about short stacks on blinds, doens't matter? :D

Now I see that call is pretty nice, because you right that villian will be straight forward oop with a fish in a pot, so being on btn we have a position on him and of course on fish. And we invest less chips than we squeezing here by calling here, which is nice option.

Thanks! I like your view on hands. Cheers

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what about short stacks on blinds, doens't matter? :D

It would be more of a concern, if they had like 20BB, because then calling behind might induce a squeeze. But with 7-8BB, they have no fold equity, so if they move all in, they basically have to have the goods. And then its better for you to only have invested 2BB, because it gives you a chance to get out, especially if MP or LP gives action. And if MP and LP both fold, you are closing action, and then you just calculate your pot odds.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the weak fish in the hand, I would prefer a flat call on the button to play the hand with position against a weak player. Original raiser, if he is paying attention and recognises the fish as a bad player, will be forced to play more straightforwardly, which will allow you to pick up more pots when people check through.

DEDbaradeddv

DEDbaradeddv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $4.90 + $0.60 - Hold'em No Limit - 250/500 (65 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 18,993 (38 bb)
UTG+1: 5,958 (12 bb)
MP: 12,060 (24 bb)
MP+1: 4,651 (9 bb)
LP: 28,436 (57 bb)
CO: 5,917 (12 bb)
BU (Hero): 15,184 (30 bb)
SB: 4,036 (8 bb)
BB: 3,395 (7 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,335) Hero is BTN with K J
2 players fold, MP raises to 1,000, 1 fold, LP calls 1,000, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to 3,750, 2 players fold, MP 4-bets to 11,995 (all-in), 1 fold, BU (Hero) folds

Hi!

open raiser is probably reg, but I have only 27 hands, so it's nothing. So I decided to squeeze, because I have position and cold caller is a fish. I didn't want to just call, because short stacks on blinds, but maybe it's better play to give them opportunity to push wider?

On his reshove I have easy fold I think.

What you think?

According to pot odds (approximately 30%), you should have called against an unknown villain, unless this hand is near the bubble. But you really shouldn't have made a 3bet with such a hand against an adequate opponent. It would be better to make a call and try to win the hand at the expense of the position. Call and fold are not an error, but 3bet is too loose for 30BB stacks.

Folding in Poker