$5.5 NLHE MTT: Obvious steal but still

VIVInv

VIVInv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand from The Big 5.50, early stage with 26 BB ( 48% of my stack) in a pot preflop.
Would you do the same ? Even though its kinda should be clear for majority what kind of range I've got, cause of limping behind three limpers.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds 5 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 (t2995)
MP2 (t5909)
MP3 (t3990)
CO (t3834)
Hero (Button) (t3363)
SB (t4822)
BB (t390)
UTG (t5130)
UTG+1 (t3255)

Hero's M: 24.91

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t60, 2 folds, MP3 calls t60, CO calls t60, Hero calls t60, SB calls t30, BB bets t385 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t325, MP3 calls t325, CO calls t325, Hero raises to t3358 (All-In), 3 folds, CO calls t2973

Flop: (t7976) 4
spade.gif
, 5
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t7976) 10
heart.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t7976) 5
heart.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t7976

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why aren't you raising this to begin with from the BTN?

VIVInv

VIVInv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why aren't you raising this to begin with from the BTN?

Like to see flops as cheap as possible with small pairs. Should I be the initial pot builder having 3 limpers in front of me ?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
making it 195 pre seems ridic, utg+1 is peeling like 100% of the time and so will everyone else because the price is right. like you can ever get a cbet through 3 way

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? We're not intending to play a flop.

When BB shoves, we shove over. It makes our range a lot stronger than if we overlimp-shove such as this. I have no problem with doing this, but as noted, our range is fairly face-up and pretty weak and capped at like 99/AJ.

If we raise-shove our range is uncapped and we're more likely to get HU vs. the BB. It's important to be aware of situations such as this where the BB is going to shove a huge percentage of the time. I don't think it's guaranteed that anyone is going to call a 6.5x open and obviously if the BB folds and we end up 4-way to the flop or something, we can give up.

VIVInv

VIVInv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's important to be aware of situations such as this where the BB is going to shove a huge percentage of the time.

You're right, had to be prepared for BB shove and raise pre makes sense.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What? We're not intending to play a flop.

When BB shoves, we shove over. It makes our range a lot stronger than if we overlimp-shove such as this. I have no problem with doing this, but as noted, our range is fairly face-up and pretty weak and capped at like 99/AJ.

If we raise-shove our range is uncapped and we're more likely to get HU vs. the BB. It's important to be aware of situations such as this where the BB is going to shove a huge percentage of the time. I don't think it's guaranteed that anyone is going to call a 6.5x open and obviously if the BB folds and we end up 4-way to the flop or something, we can give up.

BB doesn't shove 100% of the time by a long way tho, especially with a ton of limpers and a large raise in front of him. why end up 4way to the flop when we can limp, setmine multiway with great odds or if bb does shove then we can re-ev often with the strongest hand

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because the CO calls with AT. also, we take it down preflop a shitton of the time.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB doesn't shove 100% of the time by a long way tho, especially with a ton of limpers and a large raise in front of him. why end up 4way to the flop when we can limp, setmine multiway with great odds or if bb does shove then we can re-ev often with the strongest hand

You can't setmine when the BB is going with his hand like 80%+ (depends a bit though on when he lost his stack, if it happened like a minute ago, i'd likely raise pre, if he's been sitting there a while i might try limping along however