$5.5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Did I play the hand well?

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from

saw flop | saw showdown

ChipEaterMan (MP2) (t11,982)
MP3 (t15,582)
CO (t24,465)
Button (t25,090)
SB (t4,410)
BB (t5,587)
UTG (t13,480)
UTG+1 (t7,365)
MP1 (t12,010)

ChipEaterMan's M: 18.15

Preflop: ChipEaterMan is MP2 with
jh.gif
js.gif

2 folds, MP1 bets t600, ChipEaterMan calls t600, 4 folds, BB calls t400

Flop: (t2,260)
2c.gif
4d.gif
jc.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP1 bets t2,200, ChipEaterMan raises to t4,400, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t11,370 (All-In), ChipEaterMan calls t6,942 (All-In)

Turn: (t24,944)
ad.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t24,944)
6c.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t24,944
Main pot: t24,944 between ChipEaterMan and MP1, won by MP1

Results below:
MP1 had A
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(three of a kind, Aces).
ChipEaterMan had J
heart.gif
, J
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Jacks).
Outcome: MP1 won t24,944

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I woulda just called flop. Min-reraising looks really strong, and will fold out a lot of worse hands. As is, was just a cooler.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I did ok min raising since there was a flush draw

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a cooler in the turn. But he went allin in the flop. So, he's a lucky bastar.d

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the play. Chalk it up to bad luck. Money went in good on the flop. He had 2 outs... Got lucky and hit. Better luck next time friend :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I woulda just called flop. Min-reraising looks really strong, and will fold out a lot of worse hands. As is, was just a cooler.
I'd have to agree with this ^

S

stado

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I did ok min raising since there was a flush draw

You're minimum reraise not only looks very strong, it also is giving the right price to anyone with a flush draw, there's ~8800 in the pot and they only need to call 2200 more to see another card, which is the correct odds with a flush draw looking for another card.

I'm not entirely sure if I like calling the flop, I really think either way you are going to be in a good situation and there really is no bad play. I normally would base my decision on whether or not the villain is known for opening wide, the wider he opens the more likely he is to miss the flop and would be throwing out an errant C-bet in this situation. That said in this situation I'm making my decision based off of his pot bet on the flop, that is a sign of a strong hand that looks like its scared of the flush draw and wants to push players out of the hand. In this situation I think it's perfectly fine to raise on the flop and try to get it in now as there's a chance a turn club would hurt your action since you both might slow down and keep you from getting optimal value. That said he did have the A of clubs, so it probably wouldn't of slown him down, but in if he had red Aces might be slightly different. If he bet half pot, or a little more than half pot I'd be more likely to think about just calling it as he will be c-betting a wide range of his hands and might have very well whiffed the flop and this is a fairly safe flop to c-bet on, by calling you give him one more street to either catch something that will give you more value or throw out another barrel. Also by reraising on the flop a lot of top pairs in the big blind like JT J9, will just fold which could also hurt your action.

Ultimately just unlucky on your part, nothing you can do, you got it in good, this is just a simple example of variance.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for expressing your point of view of my hand stado.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see this hand playing out any other way then it did, no matter how its played. If you shove pre same result, if you reraise preflop same result, if you just call the turn same result (unless you have an absolut soul read on the guy and know he has Aces. I don't see this hand getting to the river where you could think they got there with the flush and fold. Strictly a cooler strike it up to "that's poker" and move on.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the min raise on the flop is questionable to me i would just call i will ok even with a club on the turn. u got the money in its unfortunate for u he hits his 2outers.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands