URMATORUL777 (UTG+1): 9,333 (27 bb)
vegas19829 (MP): 6,548 (19 bb)
Peti-Limeti (MP+1): 10,052 (29 bb)
TARAKAH666 (CO): 21,955 (63 bb)
Wayniak187 (BU): 2,041 (6 bb)
bustermcgee (SB): 20,674 (59 bb)
1numismat (BB): 4,771 (14 bb)

Pre-Flop: (925) Hero (1numismat) is BB with Q♦ Q♣
mechoka8989 (UTG) calls 350, 2 players fold, Peti-Limeti (MP+1) raises to 805, 3 players fold, 1numismat (BB) - ?

F27 55 1

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

PokerStars, $4.90 + $0.60 - Hold'em No Limit - 300/600 (90 ante) - 8 players

tobida44 (UTG): 17,218 (29 bb)
acehigh635 (UTG+1): 29,064 (48 bb)
GuiiMaloka (MP): 10,087 (17 bb)
1numismat (MP+1): 9,792 (16 bb)
WareFan94 (CO): 33,494 (56 bb)
vsgcut (BU): 7,406 (12 bb)
Rangout (SB): 21,010 (35 bb)
Smolnov (BB): 19,232 (32 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,620) Hero (1numismat) is MP+1 with Q♣ Q♠
3 players fold, 1numismat (MP+1) - ?

F27 55 2

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Rip it in, I dont even think there should be any thought about it or debate. You have 14 BBs and a raiser in front of you. QQ is too vulnerable to just call to suck them in so the only play it jam it and hope they call.

Hand 2: At 16 BBs with AA and possibly even KK you can min raise and hope to induce action but as said above QQ is more vulnerable to overcards so you should be ripping this. This is also a reason why I like to rip AA here as well since it looks a little disguised and villains could interpret the shove as a hand that is good but is not going to be in love with flops. Shove it in here and again be hoping for a call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
Easy jam.

Hand 2
Open jamming is for sure +EV, but personally I play my entire range as a min-raise with this stack size of 16BB. With QQ obviously very happy to call it off, if someone jam.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but personally I play my entire range as a min-raise with this stack size of 16BB. With QQ obviously very happy to call it off, if someone jam.

Not saying you are wrong but asking so I can learn, are you min raising 77 and 88 type hands with 16 BBs? Also what about strong Ax hands like AK and AQ? Are you min raising these and then not being flop dependent on the flop? For me AK and AQ are jams with this stack size thinking I can get folds (which is a good thing since I only have ace high) or get some worse aces to call. There are few pocket pairs which I am worried about and block them for the most part. I feel like if I min raise AK on 16 BBs and get called by worse that worse will tend to play fairly perfectly against me post flop in a sense where they will fold when they dont hit a pair and call when they do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not saying you are wrong but asking so I can learn, are you min raising 77 and 88 type hands with 16 BBs? Also what about strong Ax hands like AK and AQ? Are you min raising these and then not being flop dependent on the flop? For me AK and AQ are jams with this stack size thinking I can get folds (which is a good thing since I only have ace high) or get some worse aces to call. There are few pocket pairs which I am worried about and block them for the most part. I feel like if I min raise AK on 16 BBs and get called by worse that worse will tend to play fairly perfectly against me post flop in a sense where they will fold when they dont hit a pair and call when they do.

16 BB is right on the cusp, but usually I still minraise with that stack size, and yes that also includes hands like AQ or 77. Often people will respond by 3-bet or folding (at least good players will), and if someone call, I just play poker postflop. Often a C-bet on the flop can take it down, and if I face resistance, I typically just play fit or fold.

There are situations, where I will deviate though, like if there is very high ICM-pressure, and I want to take away the play from an aggressive opponent. I will also deviate in situations, where I am for instance 17BB deep against one opponent but <12BB against three other opponents. In that situation I feel, its more important to play optimal against the 3 shorter stacks than the single large stack. If he happen to wake up with pocket kings, it sucks to be me, but it wont happen often enough to really be a problem.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Rip it in, I dont even think there should be any thought about it or debate. You have 14 BBs and a raiser in front of you. QQ is too vulnerable to just call to suck them in so the only play it jam it and hope they call.

Hand 2: At 16 BBs with AA and possibly even KK you can min raise and hope to induce action but as said above QQ is more vulnerable to overcards so you should be ripping this. This is also a reason why I like to rip AA here as well since it looks a little disguised and villains could interpret the shove as a hand that is good but is not going to be in love with flops. Shove it in here and again be hoping for a call.

Hand 1
Easy jam.

Hand 2
Open jamming is for sure +EV, but personally I play my entire range as a min-raise with this stack size of 16BB. With QQ obviously very happy to call it off, if someone jam.

16 BB is right on the cusp, but usually I still minraise with that stack size, and yes that also includes hands like AQ or 77. Often people will respond by 3-bet or folding (at least good players will), and if someone call, I just play poker postflop. Often a C-bet on the flop can take it down, and if I face resistance, I typically just play fit or fold.

There are situations, where I will deviate though, like if there is very high ICM-pressure, and I want to take away the play from an aggressive opponent. I will also deviate in situations, where I am for instance 17BB deep against one opponent but <12BB against three other opponents. In that situation I feel, its more important to play optimal against the 3 shorter stacks than the single large stack. If he happen to wake up with pocket kings, it sucks to be me, but it wont happen often enough to really be a problem.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6251tJeKc

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/2251tKaan