LP: 12,639 (32 bb)
CO: 5,722 (14 bb)
BU: 27,201 (68 bb)
SB: 8,073 (20 bb)
BB (Hero): 9,235 (23 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,050) Hero is BB with K 4
UTG raises to 2,053 (all-in), 7 players fold, BB (Hero) folds

Yo, yo!

Do you fold or call here? It's still before bubble. ICM shows me that I should fold because of his 24% of his shoving range. Villian is really nit - after 44 hands has 3/3 stats, so maybe he could shove his 5bb even wider than 24%.

What do you think?

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have trouble with these spots too. but Ive gotten to the point that with 23bb I cant afford to drop 5bb since though this looks like a call like are we calling with A7o here (lol)

Though Im speaking more when I have 50bb stack I hate dropping 5bb here and 5bb there making these short stack calls.

Interesting spot Id like to hear some of the seasoned vets,

I jsut feel losing 5bb here is worst than winning 5bb here (hmm that sounds dumb I dunno)

If anoyone got an good advice for bigger stacks too like 35bb 50bb--- 35bb calling here ----50bb calling here

50bb seems like a yes 35 seems like a dunno for the same reaso as the 23bb stack

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I think I would rely on my hand history with villian. If he has been playing loose I'd call. If he has been nitty I'd fold. K4o is on the weaker side of my calling range. Player dependent. For 1 or 1.5 less bb I'd call with any suited connecter, Ax or Kx hand such as this. For 5bb I'd rely on his judgements in previous hands. Good fold in my opinion

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a fold to me. What range you are giving you opponent? It’s pair, ace and king heavy and your hand doesn’t do well against that range. There will be better spots to take rather than punting off 5 BB

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this is only for a small percentage of your stack, you can do a simple equity calculation and than maybe adjust slightly from there to account for ICM. You are paying 1.700 chips to win 4.840, so you need 35% equity to break even. That sound like, it might be a call, however K4 offsuit is one of those hands, that look better, that it actually is. It has a high card, but its neither suited or connected.

We can calculate equities in Equilap, which is a free program, and even if I give him any pair, any ace and any broadway, you still only have 35%. And this is very optimistic. If he has been playing like a nit, is he then really putting in his last chips, when he is UTG with hands like A2 offsuit or JT offsuit? Probably not in my opinion. So in a best case scenario this is break even in pure chip EV, and in a more realistic scenario its a losing call even in chip EV. In top of that you have to make some allowance for ICM, especially if its near the bubble. Calling and losing wont put you out of the tournament, but it will at least put you a step closer.

Conclusion: Easy fold.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowest stack UTG? He has very-very wide range.
Really hard to fold here. As said before +6BB not a big step to win, but -4BB big step to finish before money.

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys for you advices and opinions! :)

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs global I got no problem with this fold.

Folding in Poker