No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
This hand is from a 5,5$ "Deep Stacks" MTT on pokerstars. UTG was playing VPIP 47 / PFR 10 / 3-bet 5 over 89 hands.

PokerStars, $4.90 + $0.60 - Hold'em No Limit - 75/150 (20 ante) - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 8,632 (58 bb)
UTG+1: 8,563 (57 bb)
MP: 9,356 (62 bb)
MP+1: 9,971 (66 bb)
CO: 8,899 (59 bb)
BU: 15,185 (101 bb)
SB: 13,561 (90 bb)
BB (Hero): 9,487 (63 bb)

Pre-Flop: (385) Hero is BB with Q♠ Q♣
UTG raises to 300, 1 fold, MP 3-bets to 450, 4 players fold, Hero 4-bets to 1,885, UTG 5-bets to 8,612 (all-in), 1 fold, Hero?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Here also I would call, it is possible to be against AA or KK, but most of the time at this stakes you are against AJ+, 1010, or JJ, so for me I would call and expect to be playing basically a flip, but with a premium hand I would call. If UTG has AA or KK, maybe you will hit like me quads on the board :) (Even against AA, KK you can hit your Q and win)

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Clip 47! Look like 🐟 it's call

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have 89 hands with villain and they are involved in a lot of hands but they dont raise many hands. Here we are cold 4 betting (as we should to the sizing we should) but I dont think that fact gets unnoticed by the other players here. Do they just discount what a cold 4 bet usually means and how little of the time its a bluff and how little of the time you plan to fold when doing it? I dont think so, so when we face a 5 bet here by a player who only opens 10% of hands we are limited on the hands we are ahead. We basically have to pray for AK here and even then we are fav but not killing it. I dont see 1010 and less ever here doing this so slight slight chance of a JJ, pray for a AK but mostly you will see the big hands here as they dont expect you to cold 4 bet with the intention of folding. I am a weak player and something I am trying to work on but I cant see this spot as one where I would call and feel I would come out on the good end of it more than enough of the time.

I will say I dont know what stage of the tournament we are at and anyone could make a case depending on that to be at 60BBs and go with it so its not the worst stack in the world to go with QQ but UTG is 5 betting with a player who raised them pre still to act behind. This is a fold and move on hand.

Side question... what is your cold 4 bet range here? Are we doing this with JJ as well? I wouldnt think so as I would think QQ is the bottom of our cold 4 bet range but I am also not a polarized player (another one of my flaws) so wondering just how wide you play cold 4 bets.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Side question... what is your cold 4 bet range here? Are we doing this with JJ as well? I wouldnt think so as I would think QQ is the bottom of our cold 4 bet range but I am also not a polarized player (another one of my flaws) so wondering just how wide you play cold 4 bets.
I might actually just flat TT or JJ here. So I guess, my range is something like QQ+, AK. I wont really have any bluffs in this situation, where a passive fish has min-raised UTG, and then another fish has min 3-bet.
Clip 47! Look like 🐟 it's call
Considering that this player is passive preflop, I was not loving the fact, he jammed on me. But as you say, his stats indicate fish, and even passive fish will sometimes go crazy with some random hand, if they are on tilt. And thats exactly, what happened here. I accidentally saved the wrong hand history, so I cant share the complete hand. But I called, he had 77, and unfortunately he sucked out on me :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what a SPOT!!!!
UTG
5 bet range is POLARIZED

now if its a GTO opponent he might have 88's 99's 10's or AKs JJ KK AA

So how does QQ fair against All that?
We have to examine it individually
and at what frequency each hand it is possible for to be dealt(combos)

I want you to do the math now and even add a bluff\combo and think which ones are the best bluff ones with the best chances mathematically to win in equity.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multiple hands are being played here
Don't try to limit yourself to learning how to have better played just your hand

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Precisely because you have to fold there I would of flatted the MP's reraise and waited to see what UTG does.
If UTG reraises again its likely AA/KK and in that cause you can confidently fold and save the extra 1435 chips.