MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
  2. Bounty
Currency
$
KJs on BB: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1259Y71oR

Its a 5-max deep stack bounty game, part of the New Year Series.

Let me know your opinions and feedbacks, please :)

UTG: 79.095 (99bb)
BTN(villain): 78.072 (97.5bb)
SB: 100.520 (125.5bb)
BB(hero): 99.042 (124bb)

Pre-flop (1.600), Hero is BB : :kd4::jd4:
UTG bets 2000 , BTN calls 2000, SB calls 1600, BB (hero) calls 1200

Flop (8.400) :8d4::6d4::10h4:
SB checks, BB (hero) checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 2520,
SB folds, BB (hero) bets to 9600, UTG folds, BTN calls 7080

Turn (27.600) :kh4:
Hero bets 11.200, BTN bets to 22.400, Hero calls 11.200

River (72.400) :6c4:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero: Pair of Kings
BTN::9d4: :7d4:

Several questions about this one:

- Flat pre?
- Check 3-bet is an option to a BTN raise?
- Do I seize it so big?
- After my 3-bet call, is leading turn fine, & if it is, what amount?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You could go for a squeeze, but calling is certainly a profitable play as well.

Flop
Here I think, all options are on the table other than check-folding. You can lead (donk bet), check-call or check-raise. All have merits, so there is a lot of room for styles here.

Turn
When you check-raise flop, you are representing made hands, which are better than just one pair. So when you actually pick up top pair on the turn, I think, your hand switches much more towards showdown value. If you bet both turn and river, are you still getting called by worse? Probably not and then its better to check and use your hand as a bluff-catcher. Checking also prevents him from raising, which would kind of suck, and unfortunately thats exactly, what happened. As played you obviously have to call getting 6:1 with a hand, which always have at least a live flushdraw.

River
No reason to lead out here, and very happy he checked behind. If he had bet again, it would have been a very difficult spot and depending on reads and sizing probably a fold.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Didn't check the spoiler yet, but here go my five cents.

You're all very deep so it's unlikely you'll win a bounty in this hand.

Preflop:
I think I wouldn't 3-bet PF with so may players involved but you have to call with this hand. Maybe you even have the best hand since the table is 4-handed but your OOP.

Flop:
Not the best but definitely not the worst flop for you since you flopped a FD and BDSD and you have two overs. But it might also be a good flop for BN or SB.
BN slightly less than 1/3 of pot and SB folds, so must have missed the flop.
You could just call and see what happens but with your strong draws, I also like your check-raise. I'm not familiar with the check-raise sizing tbh, so no feedback there. From my gut feeling, you might also went with something like 7.5k.
As BN calls, he probably has a strong draw himself or connected with the flop.

Turn:
Unfortunately no diamond but King is definitely not the worst card.
You could still be behind a straight with 97 thought or two pair.
I'm not sure if I'd lead here because of that but I can see why you did to show strength.
To loose less in case you're behind, you could go with 1/3 instead of 1/2 pot though.

River:
Still no diamond and also an opener to trips, so I'd definitely not bet here. But he checks through, so that's a little strange.

So let me check the spoiler:
So indeed he flopped a straight. Weird to me why he didn't bet the river but good for you!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So indeed he flopped a straight. Weird to me why he didn't bet the river but good for you!
When Hero check-raise the flop in a multiway pot, there are going to be a decent amount of sets and two pair in his range, so a paired board was definitely not, what BTN wanted to see on the river. There are also not to many worse hands, Hero can have, which would call a river jam. And with only around 60% pot left, thats pretty much the only sizing, BTN could have used. If BTN was to do anything different here, he should have done it back on the flop, where he choose to just call with the nuts instead of putting in a 3-bet.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When Hero check-raise the flop in a multiway pot, there are going to be a decent amount of sets and two pair in his range, so a paired board was definitely not, what BTN wanted to see on the river. There are also not to many worse hands, Hero can have, which would call a river jam. And with only around 60% pot left, thats pretty much the only sizing, BTN could have used. If BTN was to do anything different here, he should have done it back on the flop, where he choose to just call with the nuts instead of putting in a 3-bet.
Fair points indeed!

I also oversaw the raise on turn in my analysis, so he already put some decent value bets in. 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fair points indeed!

I also oversaw the raise on turn in my analysis, so he already put some decent value bets in. 🤔
Yeah exactly. Hero should not be raising the flop with bottom pair into 3 people, so he never has trips. And with all the previous action any hand, thats just two pair, is a somewhat trivial fold on the river. Which mean, that only boats can jam for value.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys for your inputs! :) They were pretty helpful as well.

I honestly rewatched this hand several times, I felt I made a serious mistake but could not really tell where. I put some thinking into it to finally be able to let go this hand, cause it was really in my mind for several days, however my final outplay would be like: flat pre, check-raise flop, and I actually should change my direction so much, and check the Turn --> with almost every combination every time, since you said Fundriver, I represented made hand on flop, so as BTN still calls the 3-bet on flop he actually need to be able to at least call my Turn bet, so avoiding an expensive River card it's great to have this street this way.

My final self-reflection would be: If I would 3bet anything pre, it would be every pocket, and only AK and AQ. The reason is that the whole table is included and left to act, so better to play hands that are easier to act post flop for me, go and set mining or play the pockets on a low flame on the upcoming streets if they not succeed - no matter what, its easier to put a game on them [Also no upcoming bounties and we are extremely deep considering our stacks]. In the aspect of non-pockets AK and AQ are way too strong not to make a 3bet even this deep not bounty included, but once again, these two can give me a nice chance to outplay them, and not trick myself into some way too vournable situations. KJs as can be setted-up to Axs I'm OK to goa cheap way pre.

Flop: Everyone checked around till BTN. Now I'm not 100% sure if BTN would "just" complete pre with hands like 66, 88, 1010. And as you mentioned Andyreas the straight 97, I doubt its an offsuite combination, which means 4 combos of 97 are in so far, and a ? for me to sets. So I tend to add combinations like: Axs, 99, two pairs, J9, 97, 87, 75, 10x in the opening range. So it's still pretty wide to calculate with, I made a check to see who opens to this one, and since only the best position did and SB folded, 3-bet to isolate UTG (it happened which was cool), but also giving my card some upcoming value but somehow a protection too since its hard to 4-bet this one now.

Turn: Definitely a check needed on my side, as you described it, and I could see it by now, that no worse cards calling us, and if they do, they have a tons of equity. But I picked up my K which is beating all the Axs'es so at this point, an easy check-call could happen, cause if it's a straight on opp's side, flush is still gets there, so no need to speculate and overdo on this street at all. As I outplayed and saw the min-raise, I knew my destiny, that no matter what I have to check down the river since he showed determination on this structure.

River: As it outplayed, really rate opp's check back on river, since I call this with no weaker hands than straight and which is exactly FH. AK or a big maybe to KQ to catch the bluffs with 810, 86 but all of these hands could raise pre, so pretty much out of the box. So my only remaining hands would be the exact Kxs, which seeing villain its 2 cards: KJs, K10s, however KJs is folding, K10 can only call if it thinks that two pair broke here which is really doubtable. It means if he pulls the triger with the straight, If I ever call, its a FH. But its a very advanced read to get here, more better that what poker player I'm. :)

Last edited:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJs on BB: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1259Y71oR

Its a 5-max deep stack bounty game, part of the New Year Series.

Let me know your opinions and feedbacks, please :)

UTG: 79.095 (99bb)
BTN(villain): 78.072 (97.5bb)
SB: 100.520 (125.5bb)
BB(hero): 99.042 (124bb)

Pre-flop (1.600), Hero is BB : :kd4::jd4:
UTG bets 2000 , BTN calls 2000, SB calls 1600, BB (hero) calls 1200

Flop (8.400) :8d4::6d4::10h4:
SB checks, BB (hero) checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 2520,
SB folds, BB (hero) bets to 9600, UTG folds, BTN calls 7080

Turn (27.600) :kh4:
Hero bets 11.200, BTN bets to 22.400, Hero calls 11.200

River (72.400) :6c4:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero: Pair of Kings
BTN::9d4: :7d4:

Several questions about this one:

- Flat pre?
- Check 3-bet is an option to a BTN raise?
- Do I seize it so big?
- After my 3-bet call, is leading turn fine, & if it is, what amount?
I know this is gonna sound stupid but here goes

KdJd has too much equity to want to check raise the flop
If youhave equity than he has EV (get it?)

Raising is for hands that need fold equity to give them value

Realizing your equity on further streets with a smaller pot is more efficient than making a big pot and missing

Not saying you can't still bluff later depending on turn river textures and V range

but you remove your ability to bluff those spots by raising this flop

check raise the flop with bluffs say if you had Ad 2c or bad draws like 8d 3d

Last edited:
dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is gonna sound stupid but here goes

KdJd has too much equity to want to check raise the flop
If youhave equity than he has EV (get it?)

Raising is for hands that need fold equity to give them value

Realizing your equity on further streets with a smaller pot is more efficient than making a big pot and missing

Not saying you can't still bluff later depending on turn river textures and V range

but you remove your ability to bluff those spots by raising this flop

check raise the flop with bluffs say if you had Ad 2c or bad draws like 8d 3d
Thank you on the comment. :)

Really not stupid at all what you saying, I did have equity here to thinking about some decisions to make, and take this party serious, also could have several cards to call with, and I cut them with the check-raise here. So you are absolutely right I think here.

And maybe even more right, since it was such a multiway party, and with this kind of low raises and low board I could really sneak into a good prize with this hand, having this kind of equity!

I remember my goal was to make this to 1v1 on flop, and with a check-raise I doubt that I was ever 4-betted on this kind of board, however it was not so comfortable to getting ready for the next street from OOP. With this line I did I could check the turn (pumped up my set / straight / flush draw, and gettin' ready to calm down 1 street, even I made myself the agressor here, giving credit to the absolute nuts which was: 97), so I already realised that was a mistake to overrepresent something vournarable from OOP.

What did he have?

He had 9d 7d.
Not only having the straight, but blocking my flush the entire time, while I hit two pairs on Turn-River. As I represented sets, he did not even went all-in on the River, which was a cool thing, but of course I see I lost through this party 30% of the chips & thought it would be a nice review to see how I did it, to learn from the mistakes could have here and seeing this hand from different perspectives. :)