$5.43 NLHE MTT: I hate this one

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Stars - $5.00+0.43 Tournament (#394019960) - Blinds: 100/200 No Limit Hold'em (8 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB RastaBOOM: t2,150
BB RubyJones: t3,577
UTG micase_89: t1,725
UTG+1 yobrain11: t1,625
MP bossbluemoon: t1,515
MP+1 furrie100: t4,360
CO destroierbh: t3,735
BTN mikezmud: t1,930
Pre-flop: (t300) RubyJones is BB and dealt :10h4: :10d4:
2 folds, bossbluemoon raises to t1,515 (All-in), furrie100 folds, destroierbh calls t1,515, mikezmud folds, RastaBOOM raises to t2,150 (All-in), RubyJones folds, destroierbh calls t635

I have bossbluemoon playing 3 tables, destroi only on this one, and RastaBoom on 3 tourneys plus a cash PLO game. So I figure they are at least considering their chances on this one. Should I have gambled here -- I hate going up against 3+ overcards...

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold here. While I would have called the initial all in from the 1500 stack, once that gets called, you need to fold. The best you can hope for here is they both have pocket pairs smaller than 1010 or they both have the same over cards. Outside, of that rare occassion, you are either up against:

3-4 over cards

2 overcards and a pocket pair

Without even getting into your equity vs their ranges, there is no reason to get involved here in a multi-way all in. You're probably looking at QQ here to call.

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on ICM models and your hand, I would fold. The reason is you have three people willing to go all in which means in all likelyhood, two people are going out or one person is eliminated and the other shortstacked and tilted to the point where he is basically eliminated. If they are multitabling, they are probably looking just at their cards and position when shoving so Im thinking at least one of them has a pocket pair better than TT or AK. Since pocket pairs dont do great against multiple players and we dont need to risk our stack, I would fold.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the confirmation -- I thought it was the correct play, but of course, I would have been up against a 99, AK, and A5s. So it was a flip, but "shouldn't" have been. No Ace or King dropped, so I would have smoked them all. Thus my frustration. I'm getting better at rejecting results, though... :)

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont get caught up on results. It is just as possible that a A or K or 9 fell if you called the shove or had villain come in with JJ or higher. TT is a good hand but I would be inclined to fold anything less than QQ or even KK if it was multiway since this is a SnG.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy lay down. Really, the third shover will almost always have JJ+ in this situation.

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never easy to lay down a decent PP. IMO

The only reason to call here is if you are wanting to gamble and take a chance to 4x up and kick some people out however in a good table most of the time you are behind and only 20-30% to win.

If you want to keep a solid game and stay away from swings fold here every time.