$5.35 NLHE STT: $$5.35 NLHE STT: $$5.35 NLHE STT: TPGK good turn bet?

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this was a hand from a $5 DoN on JuicyStakes

Looking for input into how I played

Sorry I don't have a HUD so no stats to see here.

Hand#3156C43FFD000022 - DoubleUp NLH 10-max - $5 T12861437 -- CASH -- $5 + $0.35 -- 10 Max -- Table 1 -- 0/30/60 NL Hold'em -- 2012/11/25 - 12:11:12
Dealer: Seat 3
Seat 1: oh_really!? (1,300 in chips)
Seat 3: geno830 (1,010 in chips)
Seat 4: TeddyABC (1,605 in chips)
Seat 5: OLI_WOOFER (1,670 in chips)
Seat 6: CantHoldMe (1,860 in chips)
Seat 7: Joker41673 (1,627 in chips)
Seat 8: badbobwins (2,915 in chips)
Seat 9: DmgeCntrl (2,093 in chips)
Seat 10: bp11030 (920 in chips)
TeddyABC: posts small blind 30
OLI_WOOFER: posts big blind 60
Dealt to Joker41673 [Qs,Ks]
CantHoldMe: folds
Joker41673: raises to 120
badbobwins: folds
DmgeCntrl: folds
bp11030: folds
oh_really!?: folds
geno830: calls 120
TeddyABC: folds
OLI_WOOFER: folds
*** FLOP *** [5d,Qd,Js]
Joker41673: bets 220
geno830: calls 220
*** TURN *** <font color='red'>9♥</font>
Joker41673: bets 770
geno830: is all in 670

I'll post the results later.

:evil:

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know my pre-flop min-bet won't be popular but in my defense there were still 9 left and my stack is still close to where I started so I do tend to be more cautious at this point and bet less to reserve the right to let it go.

F

Fanch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play in these DoN sngs is ultra tight at this point, so I'd personally just limp preflop, and than see what develops post flop. After the flop I see your play is acceptable, the turn is a tough decision, but you are a head of a few hands that call you on that flop.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play in these DoN sngs is ultra tight at this point, so I'd personally just limp preflop, and than see what develops post flop. After the flop I see your play is acceptable, the turn is a tough decision, but you are a head of a few hands that call you on that flop.

Never NEVER open limp!!

but with that my min raise is not always the best approach either but in this case i felt it was appropriate due to stack size, stage of tourney, and my perception of my opponents. The last of which leads to the post flop bet of 2/3's pot. The players on my table were aggressive and have clearly shown that with proper raises getting 3 and 4 callers then whoever hits the board good will either just shove or check/shove. This is why I chose the 2/3 bet, if he had 2 pair or better yet a set from PP he would have shove against my bet and I could have folded but he didn't so those hands were eliminated.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldn't be playing suited broadways from EP in a DoN

As played -
With villains stack size just shove the flop, any bet he calls commits his stack anyway

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't be playing suited broadways from EP in a DoN

As played -
With villains stack size just shove the flop, any bet he calls commits his stack anyway

Why not? It's 2nd and 3rd highest and SOOOOOTED!!!!

I checked poker stove and even with the 7 opponents left to act I still have twice the chance to win vs any other hand I might face. With the min raise I'm not risking much, If it's 3x'd then I could fold but if they call it I get to play a strong hand (top 5%).

Does anyone care to put a range on this opponent? What do you think he had?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with Jilly. With 7 ahead of us to act, we'er in a bad spot even if we do hit.
hands that got us beat, 55 99 QJ QQ AQ JJ KT KK AA.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with Jilly. With 7 ahead of us to act, we'er in a bad spot even if we do hit.
hands that got us beat, 55 99 QJ QQ AQ JJ KT KK AA.

Most of those hands I don't think would flat my post flop bet though. Not to mention that's only 9 of the 169 hands he could have.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of those hands I don't think would flat my post flop bet though. Not to mention that's only 9 of the 169 hands he could have.

I've flat called with them hands before in a DON, but it will all depend on how loose or tight he plays.
7 more that got us beat 5Q, 5J, Q9, J5, J9, 59, T8, if hes a loose player.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're right, i knew the risks involved. i made a decision based on how the table felt.

there were a lot of hands that can still take me true, and some of them i wouldn't have been too surprised. this post is 3 days old so here is the whole hand.

TeddyABC: posts small blind 30
OLI_WOOFER: posts big blind 60
Dealt to Joker41673 [Qs,Ks]
CantHoldMe: folds
Joker41673: raises to 120
badbobwins: folds
DmgeCntrl: folds
bp11030: folds
oh_really!?: folds
geno830: calls 120
TeddyABC: folds
OLI_WOOFER: folds
*** FLOP *** [5d,Qd,Js]
Joker41673: bets 220
geno830: calls 220
*** TURN *** [9h]
Joker41673: bets 770
geno830: is all in 670
Joker41673: returns uncalled bet 100
geno830: shows [Ac Kh]
Joker41673: shows [Qs Ks]
*** RIVER *** [Ah]
***SHOW DOWN***
geno830 wins 2,110 with Pair of Aces

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lolz he flat called with AK, that's one hand i'm reraising with.
This is why it's best to fold KQ UTG, on a side note i was going to add AK to his range.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The players on my table were aggressive and have clearly shown that with proper raises getting 3 and 4 callers then whoever hits the board good will either just shove or check/shove.
Open-raises were getting 3 & 4 callers in a DoN? And this is considered 'aggressive'? I consider that as 'passive'.. aka a bunch of loose calling stations, playing poorly. Or maybe you're referring to them playing passively preflop, but aggressively postflop (if they hit)?

I'm also of the camp where I'm considering a fold pre (especially if we're seeing multiway pots alot). It's a DoN.
Shocking that villain doesn't 3bai pre. (but fits in line with the table being passive pre I guess).
w/o stats. you can still try to give some player reads (if possible... ie. maybe you have history vs. some of the players on the table from previous games? or maybe some of them have played so out of line in first couple levels that their play was worth noting?).

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open-raises were getting 3 & 4 callers in a DoN? And this is considered 'aggressive'? I consider that as 'passive'.. aka a bunch of loose calling stations, playing poorly. Or maybe you're referring to them playing passively preflop, but aggressively postflop (if they hit)?

I'm also of the camp where I'm considering a fold pre (especially if we're seeing multiway pots alot). It's a DoN.
Shocking that villain doesn't 3bai pre. (but fits in line with the table being passive pre I guess).
w/o stats. you can still try to give some player reads (if possible... ie. maybe you have history vs. some of the players on the table from previous games? or maybe some of them have played so out of line in first couple levels that their play was worth noting?).

I'm sorry not much for reads to tell. This was only my 5th game and with work I still haven't played game 6 so my games are few and far between. There's only 1 player I've noticed to be in more than 1 of my games (firelady). I was never formally taught with the exception of the basics so identifying reads, tells, and even the terminology I get lost. I'm also running HUDless ATM so no stats as well. I've checked out a free HUD but wasn't able to get it to work so no HUD for me till I can justify spending the $$ for a real one. Still undecided between PT and HEM.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What WiZ and others have said, easy fold preflop. You've got an easily dominated hand and you're out of position. This will cost you money long term.

As played though, with villin's stack size we're getting it all in pretty much every time.