MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
400 $ colossus Day 1

I am the lowest stack on table 40 bb, level 5

Bu raises 2,2bb, sb folds, hero calls with QcTs

Flop Td 7c 5c (5,6bb)

hero checks, villain bets 2,1bb, hero raises to 7bb, villain calls. I usually just calling in similar situations, but this time I decided to reraise bacause of his small sizing, on such dynamic board

Turn 7d (20 bb pot)

hero bets 9,8bb, villain calls

River 6h (40bb pot)

hero all in 20bb, villain calls.

I think on river I should check and let him bluff, and probably call. Did I overplay my hand? All comments apreciated.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
400 $ colossus Day 1

I am the lowest stack on table 40 bb, level 5

Bu raises 2,2bb, sb folds, hero calls with QcTs

Flop Td 7c 5c (5,6bb)

hero checks, villain bets 2,1bb, hero raises to 7bb, villain calls. I usually just calling in similar situations, but this time I decided to reraise bacause of his small sizing, on such dynamic board

Turn 7d (20 bb pot)

hero bets 9,8bb, villain calls

River 6h (40bb pot)

hero all in 20bb, villain calls.

I think on river I should check and let him bluff, and probably call. Did I overplay my hand? All comments apreciated.
Checking is not the best choice here -the size of the pot means the Villain will not bluff often but just check back most hands-you do though have bluffs that you can make so all the hands that would bet call and some bluff catchers that would not bet also call

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
button raises 2.2

q 10 on a 10 7 4 flop you check he bets gto sizing and you reraise him
he calls
7 hits the turn

when you raise 9 bbs on the 7
your'e not representing it, due to the check raise flop action, and youre not giving him credit for having a chance to hold a 7 either.

would have been a good spot to practice pot control

he calls the turn and now you should be worried,
what hand can you beat that raises 2.2 with GTO range preflop
cbets flop
calls check raise
calls half pot on turn 10 7 4 7

10 7 4 7 6

What range of hands is he able to do that with?
What % of those hands beats you
What % of those hands can you beat
what % of those hands are his bluffs?(if you wanted to check to induce)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J10 q10 k 0 a10 98o/s 56s
JJ+ a7 k7 44
all call the turn bet

So what bluff hands are available
98 56
everything else is Value and dominates us

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the 6 didnt hit the river 98 might bluff
56 bricked and knows you have top pair, most likely wont bluff you, he has a pair to showdown now

10 9s J10 q10 k 10 a10
JJ QQ KK AA a7 k7 44
all will likely call your shove and you beat 2/12

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but if you decided to check the river
you could minimize your losses by checking this river as it is quite scary for JJ+

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unfortunately, we have no info about the opponent. But since you had half your stack already invested and very slim chances of him holding a 7, I guess you made the right move there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
I am not a fan of this check-raise. His sizing is not all that small, and with an SPR of 7, you are very deep to play for stacks with just top pair not even best kicker. So yes I think, you overplayed your hand, and it began right here. And to be honest we can kind of stop the analysis here, because if you just call, the rest of the hand play out in a totally different way.

Turn
As played I guess, you have to bet again, to charge his draws? But you have already painted yourself into a corner. If he jam on you, are you happy to call it off? Probably not. And if you bet-fold, that opens a bluffing opportunity for him. Alternatively you can check and call, but if he then jam river, you are still in a situation, where you probably cant make a profitable call, unless you have improved to two pair or trips.

River
As played I think, its to thin to bet again. Maybe you can get called by exactly JT or T9, but he have more hands, that beat you. So its a check and evaluate spot. If he check back, thats totally cool, because you do have some showdown value. If he bet, its a bluff catching spot. Its good, that all the draws missed, but on the other hand I dont know, how often people will take a line of bet-calling flop, calling turn and then bluffing river with a half pot bet left? In his spot I would think seriously about, if I had enough fold equity, or if it was better to just give up and check back. So if I somehow got to the river this way, I guess, its a check-fold?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with @fundiver199, villains c-bet is 30%, which is pretty standard, so your reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense here. You have a marginal made hand, so the only real option is to check/call the flop.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with @fundiver199, villains c-bet is 30%, which is pretty standard, so your reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense here. You have a marginal made hand, so the only real option is to check/call the flop.
The check raise let him know he was beat
information costs money
buying it for less is key
better to raise 5bb flop then call down 3 streets and see 2 cards that may be over a 10

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
check would have been the perfect action on the turn

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands