$4.50 NLHE STT Deep Stacked: What is your general thought process??

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1.WHAT IS YOUR GENERAL THOUGHT PROCESS THROUGH THE HAND?HOW YOU THINK ABOUT PRE,FLOP AND TURN?
pokerstars 180man $4.10+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20)
Table '781722100 20' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: (btn)MasterTrupov (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: figgyan (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: miro.popov (1500 in chips)
Seat 4: SiladuS (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: Hero (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: MicheleBesso (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: Ponas Defas (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: Daemon574092 (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: shevalex09 (1500 in chips)
figgyan: posts small blind 10
miro.popov: posts big blind 20

Dealt to Hero: Ad9d and bets 60 utg+1 and utg+2 MicheleBesso(12,6) calls and utg+3 Ponas Defas(100,0) his 2nd hand on table calls and everyone folds
2.WHAT IS MicheleBesso AND Ponas Defas RANGE HERE?
*** FLOP *** [5h 4h 9s]
Hero: bets 140 and MicheleBesso raises 180 to 320 and Ponas Defas over calls 320 and Hero: calls 180
3.WHAT DO THEY HAVE HERE AND WHAT IS THERE RANGES?
4.HOW DO U THINK ABOUT THE SITUATION?
When Ponas Defas(he looks like a fish) over calls i put him on set or flushdraw or top pair what do you guys put him on?
but i have no idea what MicheleBesso has!!!!
5.Should i have called or shoved when it comes back to me?
I put them on stong ranges with the action on flop and with pokerstove shows i only have 49% with strong ranges

*** TURN *** [5h 4h 9s] Q♥
Hero: checks MicheleBesso: checks and Ponas Defas: bets 220 and Hero: folds
MicheleBesso: raises 900 to 1120 and is all-in and Ponas Defas: calls 900 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [5h 4h 9s Qh] 2♥

6.Should i have folded pre?
7.If turn is not an q heart but q spades should i have shoved?
8.How would you have played it?
My first hand so please if i done something wrong plz let me know
and some tips
thanks

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not going to address it question by question, but will give my thoughts.

First is I fold pre in this position this early in the event. This is for a couple reasons. The hand cannot stand any pressure from a 3-bet and you have no info on opponents. I toss this just like I would 72o.

Given the buyin level and the early level, it is extremely difficult to range opponents here. It could range from top-pair to set to a flush-draw to mere overs (potentially a combo draw).

That's it, basically. On a parting note, you need to ask yourself if you should have been even considering stacking off with TPTK at the first blind level.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow only 1 reply
plz people answer 1 or 2 question you dont have to answer them all
or an general answer
thanks

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wow only 1 reply
plz people answer 1 or 2 question you dont have to answer them all
or an general answer
thanks

Loonbat has pretty much covered everything.

This hand is a good example of how getting aggressive with weak Aces in early positions can cost you a lot of chips with very little gain for the risk you're taking, since the blinds are so low. A9 is definitely playable in many more situations if you're on the button or cutoff and it's folded to you, but very early in the tournament and in early position I would fold AJ and maybe even AQ because without player reads I don't think it's worth the risk. I've tried to play these hands in these situations and I've lost much more than I've won. This is why position matters even more than the starting hand that you get.

When you made the call on the turn, how did you expect to improve your hand? Given the action post-flop, about the only card that could improve your hand without improving your opponent's hands more would be :9c4:, and it's very possible that somebody has something like AK or an overpair, so I think shoving is about the worst thing you can do here. You got 3-bet and there was a call, I really doubt you're getting both players to fold here with a shove.

There's no way to get reads on players this early in a tournament unless you have played with them before and have taken notes, so in general be careful of thinking that somebody has to be playing a certain way based on a couple of hands, and then ignoring any subsequent information that proves your conclusion wrong.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold postflop vs small raise and the call behind (looks strong) or fold preflop if you dont know what to do postflop.