$4.50 NLHE MTT: Pocket Aces -- 3 players aggro on flop

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of my play here? Barely ITM (3 tables left)...

PokerStars - $4.10+$0.40|200/400 Ante 50 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 12,079 (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 14)
BTN: 21,301 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
SB: 15,412 (VPIP: 39.24, PFR: 11.54, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 80)
BB: 2,617 (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 3.57, Hands: 80)
UTG: 15,246 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
UTG+1: 6,690 (VPIP: 18.99, PFR: 13.92, 3Bet Preflop: 4.35, Hands: 79)
UTG+2: 10,366 (VPIP: 24.39, PFR: 21.95, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 43)
MP: 5,988 (VPIP: 10.61, PFR: 3.17, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 66)
Hero (MP+1): 15,046

9 players post ante of 50, SB posts SB 200, BB posts BB 400

Pre Flop: (pot: 1,050) Hero has A<font color='black'>♣</font> A<font color='black'>♠</font>

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 800, CO calls 800, fold, SB calls 600, fold

Flop: (3,250, 3 players) 2<font color='black'>♣</font> 8<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB bets 1,600, Hero raises to 6,000, CO raises to 11,229 and is all-in, SB calls 9,629, Hero raises to 14,196 and is all-in, SB calls 2,967

Turn: (42,871, 3 players) J<font color='red'>♦</font>

River: (42,871, 3 players) 4<font color='black'>♠</font>

Thanks. (sorry, I don't know how to do show 'spoilers')

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Geez, apparently I don't know how to convert hands, either! Buh....:dontknow:

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot, guess the flop was 2c,7d and 8d. As played I think it is a fold.
Looks like one of both players has you beat here or one has at least something like a combodraw.

I guess if you are planning on raising on this flop, I think making it like 4K is better and fold if same action follows as described.

If only one player went allin after I had raised flop I'd probably would call here , but guess AA is crushed most of the time here vs 2 players like action goes.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think some postflop tendecies about players here would be helpful

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm putting one if them on either the nut flush draw or a combo draw, and the other on a strong hand. They might be overvaluing a hand like 99 or TT but they could just as easily have a set or 2 pair. As it played out, I think you can fold here.

Remember; big hand big pot. Post flop AA is just 1 pair, so not a big hand.

If just 1 player had shipped and the other folded, I might consider calling especially after that big reraise.

A

asolano22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, i think with the big blind only in at 400, i'd raise more than just 800. However, the way it played out, I think Small blind might have played 10 9 diamonds, CO i put him on some over pair that he is over valuing most likely and less likely caught a set. Would love to know how it played out.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, i think with the big blind only in at 400, i'd raise more than just 800. However, the way it played out, I think Small blind might have played 10 9 diamonds, CO i put him on some over pair that he is over valuing most likely and less likely caught a set. Would love to know how it played out.

Yeah, I typically raise 2.5x so for me it would be a 1,000 preflop.
Either way though, the OP should be making his standard raise, whatever that might be. Don't vary your raise based on hand strength. If you've been min raising, then a min raise it is!

If we assign one of them a flush draw with a gutshot and the other we assign a range of 77,88,99,TT or 78 then your equity is only 25% to win the pot vs both players. (I don't think overpairs bigger than TT make sense given the preflop action)

If we assign them both flush draws with a gutshot then your equity goes up a bit to 38%

It seems unrealistic, given the action for either player to have hands much weaker than this.

Last edited:
T

twohaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't really fold here, you are pot committed. You should have over 25%equity in this spot, so it wouldn't make a difference even if you raised less

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might only call on the flop instead of making a big raise.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might only call on the flop instead of making a big raise.

Big raise is bad anyways , because it commits you, but I prefer a small raise over a call 3way here and think you also don't want a 3rd player in with great odds. Lot of turn cards are just terrible on such a wet board.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm putting one if them on either the nut flush draw or a combo draw, and the other on a strong hand. They might be overvaluing a hand like 99 or TT but they could just as easily have a set or 2 pair. As it played out, I think you can fold here.

Remember; big hand big pot. Post flop AA is just 1 pair, so not a big hand.

If just 1 player had shipped and the other folded, I might consider calling especially after that big reraise.
^^^^^ Fold
Any reads on villains?
Its hard but let the bullets go .
You have plenty of play left with your chipstack , you should only be putting large amounts of chips in the pot and risking your tornament life if you are preety shore your ahead.
I wouldn't be confident here I have the best hand, find a better spot to get it in .
AA is a small hand, with such a big pot and so much action , obviously villlains want to play for stacks with something good here .
You are looking at nut flushdraw 2 pair minimum .

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD. Heads up would be a different scenario, I'd consider calling then. You still have plenty of chips left. Move on, find another spot where you feel your hand is stronger.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ur preflop play looks good.
Post flop reraise of 6k looks little uncomfortable as u get committed to the pot there...i would have been comfy with a good 4k bet there...

As u showed commitment to the pot with 6k rerasie. Now ur villian takes advantage of ur commitment and pushes u allin... Frankly seems like he has a beat on you, probably he hit a trips...
I suggest you to put pressure on your heart and brains and make a fold there !
Well other way to look at it is he having a KK or QQ.... With those hands its still likely he will push u to allin cause he dont wanna see an Ace popping on turn or river, but then why will he push allin knowing u specially are commited...he would have not done that without atleast putting u on AA even for a sec... and thats where this scenario doesnot fit in to his post flop allin ( probably he put you guys on Ace and a face card)

Well of the 2 i would prefer the first scenario most of the times...