F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I complete this all day, but I fold to the 4BB isolation raise. My whole goal with completing is to see a cheap flop with amazing pot odds, and when thats not possible, I am just out of there. Not interested in playing a bloated multiway pot out of position and without initiative with a small suited connector.

Flop
You could lead, but checking to the preflop aggressor is certainly standard, and I would be looking to go for a check-raise with bottom two.

Turn
Pretty horrific card, since it counterfeits your hand, and I am ok with check-folding now. Its kind of weird, if he has an ace and did not bet the flop, but I guess he could have a weak kicker, and he could also take this line with 77-KK, which you now also lose to. I think, that if he wanted to bluff, he would have C-bet the flop, so I am not going to pay him off, especially not since we are not yet even on the river.

Another option however is to lead. They have both shown weakness by checking the flop, and its not like, the second A helped them except against your particular hand. Its actually now less likely, someone have an ace, and therefore more likely they have something else like KQ, J9s, 88, whatever.

So you are against quite weak ranges, but at the same time your hand is not good enough to play for showdown value. Between them they can have as many as 12 outs to make a higher pair on the river. A lead now would not be for value but to deny equity and maybe sometimes get a better hand like 88 or 99 to fold on the river.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Preflop
I complete this all day, but I fold to the 4BB isolation raise. My whole goal with completing is to see a cheap flop with amazing pot odds, and when thats not possible, I am just out of there. Not interested in playing a bloated multiway pot out of position and without initiative with a small suited connector.

Flop
You could lead, but checking to the preflop aggressor is certainly standard, and I would be looking to go for a check-raise with bottom two.

Turn
Pretty horrific card, since it counterfeits your hand, and I am ok with check-folding now. Its kind of weird, if he has an ace and did not bet the flop, but I guess he could have a weak kicker, and he could also take this line with 77-KK, which you now also lose to. I think, that if he wanted to bluff, he would have C-bet the flop, so I am not going to pay him off, especially not since we are not yet even on the river.

Another option however is to lead. They have both shown weakness by checking the flop, and its not like, the second A helped them except against your particular hand. Its actually now less likely, someone have an ace, and therefore more likely they have something else like KQ, J9s, 88, whatever.

So you are against quite weak ranges, but at the same time your hand is not good enough to play for showdown value. Between them they can have as many as 12 outs to make a higher pair on the river. A lead now would not be for value but to deny equity and maybe sometimes get a better hand like 88 or 99 to fold on the river.

A thorough response as always, Fundiver. Thank you.

I think you're right. Fold to the 4bb raise is correct. I wound up in an awkward situation because of that call.

Villain does take a weird line not c-betting, but I think he's probably doing this with KK - 99. When the A turns, it's much less likely me or the Button has an Ace. My intention was to check-raise as I would be c-betting 80+% of my range as the pre-flop aggressor, but obviously that didn't work out.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain does take a weird line not c-betting, but I think he's probably doing this with KK - 99. When the A turns, it's much less likely me or the Button has an Ace.

Its also much less likely, any of you have an ace, when you both failed to take the betting lead when checked to. So if I had 99-KK as Villain and played it like this, I would also think, I had the best hand and go for a delayed C-bet for value and protection. 99-KK is the type of hand, which is most consistent with all his actions, and since we only have 4 outs against it on the turn, we obviously cant check-call.