Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$4.40 NL HE Turbo: Are we folding?

Blinds 400/800 Ante 100 (literally on the bubble)

Hero: (UTG) 14,876 - AK
Villain:(BTN) 16,484

I raise PF to 3,000

Villain is a POS fish (imho). Villain shoves the button.

To Call is my whole stack, and this player was shown to shove AT-AK 55-TT. And min-raise with JJ QQ KK AA earlier on in the tourney.

Do we snap call regardless of the bubble hoping to win a coin flip? Also, Doubling up here would put me in 2nd in chips and cripple the villain forcing them to shove ATC the next couple hands then we're ITM.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All day long snap.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to fist pump & call. Can I fist pump? Is that still cool?

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call, this is your shot to make a run.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All day long snap.

really? We dont even consider folding? I am not disagreeing with you rather trying to understand why this is an instant call. I think the chance we are racing here is excellent and should we be racing for our tourney life on the bubble with 12+ blinds left? Also with the raise to 3k utg I think surely indicates a hand we dont want to fold so Personally i would shove AA or KK here thinking i could get called by AK or JJ..

on a side note dont we pretty much have the same fold equity by raising to 2k? Im not sure were we 4 handed?

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the bubble should have any influence on this decision. Do we want to win or make our money back?

Villain has 20bbs here and could be thinking that he still has some fold equity since we are on the bubble and you would still be left with 14bbs which is enough for you to stay in the game.

But I usually give villains at these stakes way too much credit for thinking. Maybe its more like, I has Ace, I all in....

T

The Spillage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we not need more info on the remaining two opponents' stack sizes here? If there's a short stack or another similar-sized stack at the table then I'm folding all day long here.

Or does the term "literally on the bubble" indicate hero and villain are two short stacks? If so, then I'm calling here. In fact, I'd probably open shove.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input guys. Spoiler: AK vs. 99 and I missed but eh if I had known I was up against any pocket pair 22 - QQ I'd still insta-call here too.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to fist pump & call. Can I fist pump? Is that still cool?

Didnt know fistpumping was ever uncool.. I do it all the time.. And if Iam not fistpumping then that means Iam losing and usually when that happens Iam breaking another cheap mouse:p

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When did it get said that there was only 4 people left? Judging by stack sizes I thought there would be a couple of tables left at this point...

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When did it get said that there was only 4 people left? Judging by stack sizes I thought there would be a couple of tables left at this point...

It didnt I was a little confused on stt or mtt but clearly it is an mtt.

djkismet

djkismet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with those reads this is pretty much a snap call to me too. it leaves u w/ 14 bb if u lose the race we think yer facing. if yer literally on the bubble then i put him on a much less range then what you had seen earlier also if he is the fish we think he is.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

135 Player Rush SNG
15 Paid - 16 Remaining on this hand.

Folding in Poker