$4.40 NLHE Turbo: Behind on flop but have outs

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$4.40 NL HE Turbo: Behind on flop but have outs

Early in a 135man rush tourney. No info on villain.

Is calling here ever profitable? I put villain on a K so on this flop I am behind. I can count 11 outs with the two queens and the rest of the diamonds.

I think I have big implied odds if I hit a Q but he will probably shut down if a fourth diamond hits...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $60(BB) Replayer
SB ($560)
BB ($1,380)
UTG ($4,890)
UTG+1 ($1,615)
Hero ($3,475)
MP1 ($2,095)
MP2 ($3,905)
CO ($1,335)
BTN ($2,845)

Dealt to Hero Q Q

fold, fold, Hero raises to $150, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $150, fold, fold

FLOP ($390) 8 K 3

Hero bets $300, BTN raises to $750, Hero ??

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think without info on villain it's hard to decide if this is worth chasing. Entirely possible villain has Ad. I'm not sure I could let this one go however. I might call and see the turn but shut it down after if I miss.

Only other option might be the big reraise to rep a made flush although I doubt it would work here.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably not exactly what you mean (or even asked for), but I just wanted to point out that we can't just "put villain on a K" in this spot. He could already have a flush, he could be bluffing with the ace of diamonds, he could have 99-QQ (granted QQ is unlikely but not the point), he could have a set, etc., in addition to the K. So we have to consider how he plays that range as a whole, what will fold to a shove, what will call a shove, etc.

Again you probably already know this but it's good to remind ourselves sometimes or to remind players who are reading this and don't necessarily think this way at the table.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably not exactly what you mean (or even asked for), but I just wanted to point out that we can't just "put villain on a K" in this spot. He could already have a flush, he could be bluffing with the ace of diamonds, he could have 99-QQ (granted QQ is unlikely but not the point), he could have a set, etc., in addition to the K. So we have to consider how he plays that range as a whole, what will fold to a shove, what will call a shove, etc.

Very good point. I haven't been playing online very much lately and might be a little out of shape with the way I am thinking things through. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Might go through this hand in pokerstove tonight and just see how I fare against a range rather than just a K :)