$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: $$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: Did I play this hand wrong?

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: $$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: Did I play this hand wrong?

I was sitting on a stack of about 4k in the SB, with 4 BB's left, and I got dealt J10 off. One guy raised, everyone else folded, and I decided to shove. He had pocket 9's, I lost the race and went bust. Finished in 77th out of 396, no money.

Did I play this hand wrong? I feel like I probably should have folded, but I was red M-zone according to Tournament Indicator, so I had to make a tough decision. Thoughts?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple of things:

First, you should post your hand histories a bit differently, go on the hand history section of your client, copy it, go to a hand converter (just search the internet, loads of em), paste it, convert to phbb format, then copy past the results here.

Secondly, no, you did nothing wrong. And it isn't a particularly tough decision imo, JT is the nuts when you have 4bb in the small blind. Tbh, most people are shoving a lot wider than JT with 4bb. I'm just wondering how you got down to 4bb in the first place.

Did I play this hand wrong? I feel like I probably should have folded, but I was red M-zone according to Tournament Indicator, so I had to make a tough decision. Thoughts?

Folding JT here would be horrible.

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple of things:

First, you should post your hand histories a bit differently, go on the hand history section of your client, copy it, go to a hand converter (just search the internet, loads of em), paste it, convert to phbb format, then copy past the results here.

Secondly, no, you did nothing wrong. And it isn't a particularly tough decision imo, JT is the nuts when you have 4bb in the small blind. Tbh, most people are shoving a lot wider than JT with 4bb. I'm just wondering how you got down to 4bb in the first place.

Folding JT here would be horrible.

Incredibly tight play, folding marginal hands, even ones like KJ, A9, etc, waiting for a better hand or a better situation. That and it was a Turbo with rapid blind progression. The blinds were huge at that point.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incredibly tight play, folding marginal hands, even ones like KJ, A9, etc, waiting for a better hand or a better situation. That and it was a Turbo with rapid blind progression. The blinds were huge at that point.

That's where you were -ev then. You probably also misread your opponents and missed on good steal spots. Further, when you got down to 12bb you should have started shoving pretty wide, especially against raises on the button.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely no issue with shipping JTo here, and flipping was a great result. If you win, you probably triple up or so with blinds and antes in there.

As others have said, try to open up way before this. It's hard when you're feeling card dead, but if you can get it in when there's a chance you're not dominated, you have to go for it before you have zero fold equity. When you have 12bb, someone raises from late position, and you look down at 75s, ship it. If he snaps you off with AK, you have a 40% chance to suck out.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands