$4.40 NLHE MTT: Is this a good call?

SBTniceboard

SBTniceboard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 53/4/4
b]poker stars[/b] - $4.00+0.40 Tournament (#457919827) - Blinds: 500/1,000 +125 Ante, No Limit Hold'em (4 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB: t29,683
BB: t83,948
UTG: t32,840
BTN Hero: t12,245
Pre-flop: (t1,500) Hero is BTN and dealt :5s4: :ac4:
UTG folds, Hero raises to t12,120 (All-in), SB calls t11,620, BB folds
Flop: (t25,240) :3h4: :10h4: :as4: (2 players)
Turn: (t25,240) :3h4: :10h4: :as4: :kh4: (2 players)
River: (t25,240) :3h4: :10h4: :as4: :kh4: :qh4: (2 players)

Hope I have posted this right.
I have played cash for a few years but have probaby only ever played about 15 tournys. Looking for help to adapt from cash. My question is, is this a good call with KTs? It is only a 4 seater and a good chance he has a good hand or a coin flip, but is risking over a third of his stack but NOT his tournament life.
In the future if I find myself with what I believe is a coin flip. What amount should i be prepared to call? I mean even if I don't go out I won't want to be leaving myself with 5BB's but is leaving myself 20 ok?
Thanks for all your help and advice on here and please do not ask if I have not give enough information.
Thank You

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fine by me, M<10 and you have an Ace. SB & BB both should have a wide calling range, SB because he's getting short and BB cause he can afford to call to get it down to 3. Once SB calls the BB doesn't need to call with anything but monsters. This is standard tournament play.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should flip for your whole stack at any point, barring like 1% of tourney situations.

SBTniceboard

SBTniceboard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flip my whole stack? Wow
Maybe this is where im going wrong. I feel confortable shoving with 72o in the right spots but calling and risking my tounament with 22 even if I am 90% certain they have AK AQ type hand I haven't been doing. I have only been shoving a wider range due to having fold equity.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the dead money and massive wide range you can be shoving from the button (you also have only 10blinds left), he has you covered, I call this with K,10 too. Well actually, I iso shove the big stack. He's screwed if he flats and BB flats in most cases

By the way, just a note, he is very loose looking at stats....you need to tighten up your range vs someone like him if you don't want him calling. He would call a hell of a lot wider than tK,10 too.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22 is going to be 33-40% vs. a calling range so it's not really a flip.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Confused. Is it 4 players per table? What tourny structure is this?

SBTniceboard

SBTniceboard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all. I had a feeling it was a good call. Hopefully it will help me double up next time.
Yes it is 4 players per table. First time I have played a tourny like this but really enjoyed it, since my main game is 6 seater cash, it suited my game more. Over 1000 entered and we were down to the last 40 when I went out with that shove so not bad for a beginner.
Baudib1 I'm not following what you are saying can you explain more please. Why 33-40%? I mean even if your up against AKs it is a coin flip surely?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all. I had a feeling it was a good call. Hopefully it will help me double up next time.
Yes it is 4 players per table. First time I have played a tourny like this but really enjoyed it, since my main game is 6 seater cash, it suited my game more. Over 1000 entered and we were down to the last 40 when I went out with that shove so not bad for a beginner.
Baudib1 I'm not following what you are saying can you explain more please. Why 33-40%? I mean even if your up against AKs it is a coin flip surely?
Code:
    equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied    
Hand 0:     36.877%      36.03%     00.84%          610839024      14300508.00   { 22 }
Hand 1:     63.123%      62.28%     00.84%         1055740920      14300508.00   { 22+, AJs+, KJs+, ATo+, KJo+ }

Can't think of many situations i'd call with 22 its pretty trash, only good for shoving with.

SBTniceboard

SBTniceboard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What have you put into pokerstve to get them stats?
22 V 8%?
And if you did for example put it against 8% how did you come up with the figure of 8%? Just so I can work out a rough range what players will call all ins with going off for example their VPIP and PFR stats
Thank you all for your kind advice

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What have you put into pokerstve to get them stats?
22 V 8%?
And if you did for example put it against 8% how did you come up with the figure of 8%? Just so I can work out a rough range what players will call all ins with going off for example their VPIP and PFR stats
Thank you all for your kind advice

This is why I don't like HUDs. People use them as to decide on whether or not to call/shove/fold to someone. This makes the wrong judgement in many cases.

HUDS are brilliant for cash games, I'm not so fanatic about them for tournaments.

For example, even the most nittest of players is calling/shoving wide at some point so I don't think it's very reliable, by the time you get a few hands in at the beginning of a tournament the blinds have increased, thus meaning people are opening/folding massive ranges.

SBTniceboard

SBTniceboard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly want it so I can see where and how they got the figures for calling with 22, so I can take the idea and use it for seeing if calling with other hands.
I normally just make notes on what players call, raise 3-bet etc with at what stage of a tournament and with what size stack etc and go off that. Having only played about 15 tournys I haven't got much info yet.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy shove, calling KTs depends on your image - against regs it's an easy call, against nits its probably a fold