$4.4 NLHE MTT: UTG(21bb) All in with K9 in late turnament stage

U

user2773

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Could someone explain me what just happend?
Link to video with this crazy hand : https://vimeo.com/293407122?activityReferer=1
If sombody don't like links:

Turnament Big $4.40, Prizepool $8500, Blinds 1k/2k Ante 175 Players: 2177 Left: 161

SB (27bb) 1k FOLD
BB (17bb) 2k FOLD
UTG (21bb) ALL IN Cards: K9s (d)
UTG+1 (42bb) FOLD
UTG+2 (28bb) FOLD
HJ (10bb)[ME] CALL Cards: AQs
CO (11bb) FOLD
BTN (27bb) FOLD

BOARD: 7(d) 5(d) 2(h) 8(s) 2(d)

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, in a word that was bad luck, and although you was in the late stage of a tournament, some players don't play as you would expect, in fact sometimes like this, they don't make any sense.

These things happen all the time, and it is just poker, I have had it happen to me in the early stages of a $215.00 tournament on party poker, and if you see any of the good players on CC, like the Poker Guru's I expect they will tell you, as well, that sometimes this happens, and it comes off.

However, I would point out that playing like that may be good in the short term, but eventually, they will lose more times with their K9, than you would with your AQ.

Doesn't help I know, but remain confident, play your game, and all will progress.

Good luck

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey man, welcome to CC and the hand analysis forums!

You say "can someone explain to me what just happened."

So here's what happened: Someone made a pretty bad shove from UTG and ~20bb at a stage of the tournament where this probably makes no sense. That being said, in some of these smaller buyin tournaments this happens since first, people generally don't call off wide enough, and second, the guy jamming is probably not that great either.

Then, you called it off (well played), and lost the hand.

That's it.

There's not really anything to analyze, and based on your wording I assume you know that you made the right play. You will get a LOT more mileage out of this forum by posting situations in which you weren't sure if you made the right play, rather than bad beats.

If you DO want to post bad beats though, they really belong over here in the Bad Beats and Vents - not for analysis but just for some empathy from other members. Good luck!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no matter the final outcome of the hand, as long as you have made the best decision. What really happened

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQs is enough to against utg shove in late tour stage, don't be disappoint , just try more games,and you will find it's winning hands.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
UTG probably lost big pot the hand before and now is tilting. If you were playing several tables you might have missed that.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my dear friend, in this play there is not much that explains since everything is solved with the community cards, you go all in and everything deside with an allin of your rival.

If you had played the hand slowly, you could have seen the streets for the color.

personally I do not consider neither a badbet nor a madness was only a percentage for each one.