$4.4 NLHE MTT: KK UTG Final Table

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellite, top 5 get places, 7 players remaining and I'm 6/7 as it stands.

I had been doing push or fold since I had only about 10 BBs left, now got 11, when I got KK UTG. I thought if I push everyone I'm beating is likely to fold, so I bet 2.5BB to induce a push from someone else thinking I'd then call and hopefully double up. No fold equity doing that, but hopefully KK is strong enough to dominate anyway.

Got 2 pushes when it came back to me, both covering me, so I called with the rest of my 11 BB. MP had KJ for first one (yay!) but BB had AA. Oh no, and the player with KJ has one of my K's I need.

Unsurprisingly with only 1 real out left, it didn't come, game over.

As far as I can tell, if I had the situation again I'd have done the same thing. If I'd pushed UTG then the player with KJ may have folded and the BB with AA is calling me all day, every day anyway.

Is this a situation whereby doing a smaller bet to induce someone else into pushing into you is a good idea? Even though I still got eliminated this time around? And with 2 players covering you, was it right to call with KK?

EDIT: The game isn't letting me copy the hand details for some reason. Weird.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to make a small raise with KK to induce someone to jam on you, then the plan is obviously not to fold. And as you say, when someone have AA, they are not folding either. So just bad luck and a standard cooler, just like when you ran AK into KK yesterday.

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you again.

Would you deal with KK UTG like this, or would you have shoved?

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam pre, unlucky running into aces.

Think about what your opponents think when you're playing push/fold and all of a sudden you come in for a normal range....

Stick to your game plan and don't deviate too much without a good reason to do so.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
snap fold next hand you would have got AA

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is just typical bad luck. you will win here most of the time. good job

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer shove, because then hands like A8 will fold. In multiway pot KK only wins about 50-60% and I think at this stage you don't necessarily want that variance.