$36.3 NLHE MTT: Blind encounter

Z

zedesq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
11 remaining in 1000 player mtt. I'm in 2nd place w 47bb and in bb. sb 22bb and has not been especially agro in these situations except one time limp-shove. I have AJo, he shoves. No doubt I call in a neutral situ, but if I do here, I become just another player. Thoughts?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the size of his shove, and the fact he was the player at risk, I will assume, this is probably an unbalanced range consisting of hands like 66-TT and maybe AQ-AK. Hands that are strong, but dont always love to see flops out of position. So I would do a lot of folding here. Maybe call with 99+, AK. Something like that.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with fundiver here will only add this from what you describe this is not the type of villain that will do this again and hasnt before so in my opinion its a pretty easy fold. Just make a note on them and since this table is only 5 or 6 players since there is 11 left you will get blind vs blind against them again and see what they do. You can assume for now this is what they do with the top of their range (top of a heads up range anyway) so any action on the next hand that isnt this may not be the top. It will take a couple of orbits to be sure but from your description the villain doesnt do this often and wont again without strength. Villain was probably hoping you had the hand you had and would make the call.

Different story if villain is at 15 BBs or less but at 22 BBs imo this is a pretty easy pitch and go on to the next hand.