$330 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: call or fold

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey have been having trouble with this one for quite some time need to resolve this .
9 handed blinds are 2000/4000 ante 400
16 players left 1st paying 7700
the blinds are huge chip leader on table has around 140k average is about 60k
no history on villain ( utg+2 ) just joined the table two hands ago, first hand utg he jams, second hand jams again with 44000
hero bb 90k
villain 44k
so villain jams again utg+2 bb call or fold 66 ?

Last edited:
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mental coin flip for me. We've got about 7 more orbits (considering usual level lengths) left but villain has about 3 left. On one hand 3 straight shoves appears really aggro but his stack size really mandates being aggro. I couldn't fault you for calling here.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a call here is +$ev, but it may depend on the payout structure.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it was the first hand i might fold here, but the fact the guy has shoved the previous 2 hands means he is less likely to have a overpair, you would have 10 bigs left if you called and lost, so its not the end of the world, gotta win flips to win tournies as they say

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd certainly rather be shoving the 66 than calling with it, but as others have said, pretty sure calling here is +ev. Say the guy is shoving even just 50% of his hands, you've got 55% equity. If he's shoving 80% you have 60% equity. With the blinds and antes so big compared to the stacks, I'm pretty happy to flip here, and there's a non-negligible chance that you're further ahead. If he happens to flip over 10's this time, then that's just really bad luck.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling is +cEV, however you haven't provided enough information to determine whether calling's opportunity cost is too high. Namely, the actual pay-out structure, how much utility you gain from the different winnings and most importantly, your skill level in regards to your opponents. I suppose this is a live tournament? Because if that is the case it is somewhat close, assuming you're a half decent player.

Folding in Poker