K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blinds 500/1000/100 blinds go up every 20min Avg stack is about 24k
everyone at table has around average

villain is a fishy character but has been playing the game for a long time so has some ability. Villain (12k) is BB , has atendency to lead out on flops big.

In HJ (29k) hero gets dealt KQ and raises to 3k , BB calls
Flop (7500) 10s7s4d villain jams for 9k

Easy fold right?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You raised too much pre and should now be calling this AI.

J

Justinawe12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold just because its a marginal spot, and you're only ahead of his bluffs. On this board, there aren't too many hands you're happy getting KQ in vs his range. As far as range goes it looks like he has a strong FD or an overpair trying to rep a FD hoping you'll call light. Fold and don't even think twice, you have a healthy stack still and will find better spots.

EDIT: Disagree with the above. Pot contains 7500 on flop and villain shoves for 9k, meaning there is now 16500 in the pot. It costs you 9000 to win 16500, so you're getting around 1.8:1. If it was 2:1 or greater, you could argue a call, but really what hands are you hoping he has here? Any pair means you're a 3:1 dog and are getting the money in way behind. If he has a FD its likely the nut FD meaning you are still 3:1 on hitting a K or Q.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You raised too much pre and should now be calling this AI.

Yea u right , I raise 2100 against anyone else on this table, except for this guy , he is very fishy and calls a min raise almost always but tends to fold to 3x , this is what I have noticed and adjusted just towards him.

It is kind of good that he calls min raises with any two , because on avg we have a stronger range and we have position , but the only problem with this guy is that he tends to donk the flop big a lot, so I would rather take it down pre with a hand like KQ.

I thought a lot about calling here but was leaning towards a fold because I wanted to preserve my stack as I thought I had a slight edge over the table. It would kind of suck if villain rolls over A rag

Last edited:
duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no if he donks the flop a lot, just don't fold the flop often, easy enough adjustment

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no if he donks the flop a lot, just don't fold the flop often, easy enough adjustment

v good point

its just that this particular player donks big a lot of the time putting a lot of pressure on our stack, so we are floating for a big % of our stack.

but yes we have to loosen our calling range for shore.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that sounds like a dream. he basically punts a bunch. either he donk/calls heaps and we can shove wide for value. or he donk/folds heaps and we can shove 100% and print money