Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
Level 4 ----- blinds 200/400 and the BB put 400 in ante

I was UTG with 39900 chips
MP1 with around 52000 chips
SB with around 59500 chips

I have AQs and raise UTG 1200 the MP1 re-raise 4500 and the SB calls.....I also call.

Flop Qc10d7c I check and the MP1 bets around 11000 then the SB raise to 25000 I just fold there.

Turn is a 4d and the MP1 checks and the SB 18000.

MP1 takes a lot of time and folds showing
KQs

It is wrong for me to fold here? Or I should shove the flop? I thought that he might have AA, KK or a set there (maybe not AA, KK because he might re-raise preflop ).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
MP+1 3-bet against an UTG open, and he used a very large sizing of almost 4X, where 3X would be more typical in position. In spite of that SB decided to cold call from the worst seat of the table. Here alarm bells are really going off in my head, because unless he is clueless, his widest range is going to be something like TT+, AK. And I dont think, its always a capped range either. Some players will know, that if they want to have a range for cold calling a 3-bet, it needs to be protected by including AA and KK. So given, that you are against two very strong ranges, monkey in the middle and not getting the best price in the world, I might even make a nit fold now and let the other guys do, what they want to do.

Flop
MP+1 should also know, that SB is showing extreme strenght by cold calling a 3-bet out of position, and despite that he choose to make a large C-bet into two opponents. And with all this display of strength, SB choose to make a raise for more than half the effective stack, which mean, he has committed himself against both opponents. So if you get it in here, what are you hoping to be up against? Maybe one of them can have the nut flushdraw, but that has decent equity, and all made hands have you in complete jail. They are not playing like this with KQ or QJ, but their ranges are full of hands like AA, KK, QQ and TT. Maybe occationally another AQ, but then you are calling for a chopper. So for me this is a sad but prudent fold.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Level 4 ----- blinds 200/400 and the BB put 400 in ante

I was UTG with 39900 chips
MP1 with around 52000 chips
SB with around 59500 chips

I have AQs and raise UTG 1200 the MP1 re-raise 4500 and the SB calls.....I also call.

Flop Qc10d7c I check and the MP1 bets around 11000 then the SB raise to 25000 I just fold there.

Turn is a 4d and the MP1 checks and the SB 18000.

MP1 takes a lot of time and folds showing
KQs

It is wrong for me to fold here? Or I should shove the flop? I thought that he might have AA, KK or a set there (maybe not AA, KK because he might re-raise preflop ).
It is good to think what they might have that beats you we also want to think about what does not beat us as well to decide if we can ever call---What draw hand would XR in a 3 bet pot for that sizing? Would ACTC do this KcTc? KCJC?
As this is live we can use body language to help our decisions- so how relaxed was the SB- did they change their body position on this flop? Did they take the time to think about the call preflop etc etc

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is good to think what they might have that beats you we also want to think about what does not beat us as well to decide if we can ever call---What draw hand would XR in a 3 bet pot for that sizing? Would ACTC do this KcTc? KCJC?
As this is live we can use body language to help our decisions- so how relaxed was the SB- did they change their body position on this flop? Did they take the time to think about the call preflop etc etc
He was looking at the board all the time after he bet....not for a min he took his eyes from the table. He did not look at us at all. And he did not took much time to make a decision.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was looking at the board all the time after he bet....not for a min he took his eyes from the table. He did not look at us at all. And he did not took much time to make a decision.
Was this normal for how he played? Was he like that every time? What hands do you think he would not need to think about before XR for most of his stack?

these are the data points we use to analyze body language----Often when a player has the nuts or near nuts they do not act quickly because they do not want folds for instance- they will bluff quickly though- this is never 100% that is why we gather data on betting habits as we play---

Organize a Home Poker Game